Here are some Web sites to help you with your research.
Here is an activity to help you gather information from one of the Web sites:
On this site, you can explore Quebec's emerging energy resources. You have already learned that Quebec produces a lot of hydroelectricity (see InfoCanada: Quebec , page 40)-but Quebec has other forms of energy it wants to develop too. How about wind power? Or solar energy, which can be used to heat even large manufacturing plants? You'll find a great deal of interesting information here.
On this site, you can read more about Quebec's economy, its growing industries, the advantages of doing business in Quebec, and why people from around the world might want to invest in Quebec.
1. Go to the Quebec's Growing Economy Web site and scroll down to the second
topic, which examines the advantages of doing business in Quebec.
2. Read bullets 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 in the list. Ask your teacher about terms you do
3. Turn each of the statements into a question following the words, "When it comes
to doing business in Quebec ."
Example: When it comes to doing business in Quebec, why would a bilingual and multicultural labour force that has access to one of the best educational systems in the world be an advantage?
4. Now answer the questions as best you can. Remember that today's business
world is global , which means that people from around the world want to do
business in other parts of the world. You can jot down your ideas in point form.
Click here to download a chart to help you record your ideas.
5. Share the results of this activity as a class discussion. As a class, vote to
determine the top three advantages of doing business in Quebec.