Transition to Online Instruction
Not currently using online resources and need to start?
Transitioning to Online Instruction
Now that most Nelson e-books and Nelson partner e-books are freely available for students, you can focus on transitioning other aspects of your course online.
Nelson and Norton Instructor Resource suites are available to all existing adopters. In many cases, these resources can be loaded to your school’s Learning Management System. You can:
- Upload pre-made tests for online student delivery and automatic grading.
- Use Instructor Manuals and Educator Guides for creative ways to deliver content and instruction in your new classroom environment.
- Use pre-made instructional Power Point presentations to guide online lectures and keep students on track.
If your students already have access to our Courseware, you can leverage resources students already have access to. You can:
- Deliver interactive, automatically graded quizzes for formative or summative assessment. Student scores are easily transferred to your Learning Management System gradebook.
- Create and mark open-ended critical thinking exercises.
- Leverage multimedia resources such as videos and animations to engage students in new ways.
- Make assignments count toward a student's grade or make assignments available for student practice.
Use the Nelson catalog at https://resourcefinder.nelson.com/ to find eBooks and associated courseware in your discipline.
- Contact your Nelson learning representative at Nelson Rep Locator to discuss which solution is right for you and get help setting up courses.
Cengage Platforms: WebAssign, SAM, OWLv2, MindTap, CNOWv2
Create a Cengage account to access your products and set up your course. Create a new Cengage account only if you don't already have one.
Norton Platforms: Smartwork5 & Inquizitive