Scutchfield and Keck's Principles of Public Health Practice, 4th Edition
- Paul C. Erwin, MD, DPH
- Ross C. Brownson
- ISBN-10: 1285182634
- ISBN-13: 9781285182636
- 736 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2009, 2003, 1997
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
The most widely-used book in the field, PRINCIPLES OF PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE, Fourth Edition, is an essential tool for all those in public health practice, now and in the future. Written by nationally recognized experts and edited by seasoned professionals in academia and public health practice, this book provides a critical foundation in public health operations and systems. Chapters cover the full breadth of public health topics, beginning with definitions and the history of the discipline, and then progressing through service provisioning and laws. Emphasizing evidence-based practice and the science of effective public health practice, the fourth edition also adds several new chapters on emerging topics, such as tribal public health and global health. Learning features include review questions and appendices that make PRINCIPLES OF PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE an indispensable, long-term reference for students and professionals alike.
Part I: THE BASIS OF PUBLIC HEALTH.
1. Concepts, Definitions, and Book Overview.
2. The History and Emergence of a New Public Health.
3. Social Determinants of Health: Their Influence on Personal Choice, Environmental Exposures, and Health Care.
4. Legal Basis of Public Health.
5. Public Health Ethics.
6. The Policy Basis of Public Health.
Part II: THE SETTINGS OF PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE.
7. The Federal Contribution to Public Health.
8. The State Public Health Agencies.
9. The Local Health Department.
10. Public Health in US-Affiliated Tribes, Territories, and Freely Associated States.
Part III: THE TOOLS OF PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE.
11. Evidence-Based Public Health.
12. Quantitative Sciences: Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and the use of Public Health data.
13. Community Health Assessments, Planning, and Implementation.
14. Behavior Change Theories and Practices.
16. Performance Management and Quality Improvement.
17. Public Health Systems and Services Research.
Part IV: PROVISION OF PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES.
18. The Public Health Workforce.
19. Maternal and Child Health.
20. Communicable and Infectious Diseases.
21. Environmental Public Health.
22. Chronic Disease Prevention and Control.
23. Oral Health in Public Health Practice.
24. Primary Care and Public Health.
25. Community Development for Population Health and Health Equity.
26. Public Health Preparedness.
27. Injury Prevention and Control.
28. Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse.
29. The Public Health Laboratory.
Part V: PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE IN A NEW ERA.
30. The Affordable Care Act and Public Health.
31. Public Health Practice in the Global Context.
32. The Future of Public Health Practice.
Appendix A: Public Health Associations.
Appendix B: Core Competencies for Public Health Practices.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. Access and download book-coordinating materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, an instructor’s manual, answers to chapter questions, and test banks with multiple formats to streamline course preparation.MindTap Health Administration & Management, 2 terms (12 months) Instant Access for Scutchfield and Keck’s Principles of Public Health Practice (ISBN-10: 1305646797 | ISBN-13: 9781305646797)
MindTap Health Administration & Management for Scutchfield and Keck’s Principles of Public Health Practice, 4th Edition is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap gives you complete ownership of your content and learning experience. Customize interactive syllabi, emphasize key topics, and add your own material. Unique tools include chapter tests, video case studies, and writing assignments, all in an interface designed to improve workflow and save time when planning lessons and course structure.
MindTap Health Administration & Management for Scutchfield and Keck’s Principles of Public Health Practice, 4th Edition helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App. Read or listen to the text and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. MindTap helps you achieve better grades today by cultivating a true understanding of course concepts. A learning path designed by your instructor helps you master important information with built-in assignments, such as lecture notes, chapter tests and video case studies. Track your scores and stay motivated toward goals. MINDTAP HELPS YOU MAKE THE TEXT YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards that you can gather into a study guide.