Human Development and Performance Throughout the Lifespan, 2nd Edition
- Anne Cronin, PhD, OTR/L
- Mary Beth Mandich, PT, PhD
- ISBN-10: 1133951198
- ISBN-13: 9781133951193
- 512 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2005
- COPYRIGHT: 2016 Published
Human Development & Performance Throughout the Lifespan, 2nd Edition is ideal for occupational therapy, physical therapy, and other rehabilitation disciplines. It provides a broad, occupation-based viewpoint of development and performance throughout all life stages with an emphasis on the factors that influence daily participation and optimal performance of desired daily life tasks. The authors use a life course conceptual model as an organizational foundation for clinical reasoning to help readers understand how to implement the activity- and participation-based goals and outcomes for therapy. Written by an occupational therapist and a physical therapist, the book incorporates chapters by leading experts in human development, giving users cutting-edge information and a wide range of perspectives. By integrating information from the International Classification of Function and Disability (ICF) with a developmental life-task perspective, the book gives both newcomers and experienced professionals an essential, contemporary frame of reference.
PART 1: FOUNDATIONS FOR UNDERSTANDING FUNCTION, DISABILITY, AND HEALTH.
1. Human Performance: Function as an Organizing Framework.
2. Human Performance: The Life Course Perspective.
3. Theoretical Framework for Human Performance.
4. Culture and Life Course Development.
5. Communication Development.
6. Mental Functions and Learning across the Lifespan.
7. Environmental Contexts.
PART 2: LIFESTAGE CHARACTERISTICS.
8. Prenatal Development.
9. The Newborn.
11. Family and Disability Issues through Infancy.
12. Development in the Preschool Years.
13. Middle Childhood and School.
14. Adolescent Development.
15. Family and Disablement Issues Throughout Childhood.
16. Early Adulthood.
17. Middle Adulthood.
18. Late Adulthood.
19. Family and Disablement in Adulthood.
PART 3: SPECIAL TOPICS IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND PERFORMANCE.
20. Wellness, Prevention, & Health Promotion.
21. Public Policy and Health Care.
22. Assessment of Human Performance across the Lifespan.