Surgical Instrumentation, Spiral bound Version, 2nd Edition
- Nancymarie Phillips
- ISBN-10: 1285182537
- ISBN-13: 9781285182537
- 528 Pages | Spiralbound
- Previous Editions: 2010
- COPYRIGHT: 2019 Published
A favorite for its clear organization and logical flow, the 2nd Edition of SURGICAL INSTRUMENTATION has been completely revised with full-color photographs that show hundreds of surgical instruments in critical detail. Chapters also deliver on discussions, walking students through basic and advanced concepts in an accessible tone, covering everything from the history of surgical instruments to assembling the best instrument sets for the procedure, and more. More importantly, every instrument gets focused attention, presented alone, in collections, and disassembled with zoomed-in views of key parts. A one-stop resource for surgical nurses, techs, and other OR personnel, SURGICAL INSTRUMENTATION, 2nd Edition, is also available in the customizable and digital MindTap format, complete with instructor and student tools for building momentum and unstoppable potential.
“There was a large amount of instruments listed and well organized. The explanation of the writings is easy to understand.”
— Julia Hinkle RN BSN MHS CNOR, Ivy Tech Community College, Evansville IN
1. History of Surgical Instrumentation.
2. Anatomy and Physiology of Surgical Instrumentation.
3. Categories of Surgical Instrumentation.
4. Considerations for Instrument Set Assembly.
5. Soft Tissue Foundation Sets.
6. Plastic Surgery Instrumentation.
7. General Surgery Instrumentation.
8. Gynecologic Instrumentation.
9. Urologic Instrumentation.
10. Basic Bone and Joint Instrumentation.
11. Head and Neck Procedure Instrumentation.
12. Neurosurgery Instrumentation.
13. Cardiothoracic and Vascular Instrumentation.
14. Microsurgery Instrumentation.
15. Endoscopic Instrumentation.
16. Decontamination and Sterilization.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as book-coordinated PowerPoint® presentations, instrumentation photos, an instructor’s manual, and more.