International Economics, 17th Edition
- Robert Carbaugh
- ISBN-10: 1337558931
- ISBN-13: 9781337558938
- 576 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2017, 2015, 2013
- COPYRIGHT: 2019 Published
Vividly demonstrate the relevance of theory to real economic issues and policy questions using the wealth of contemporary examples and practical applications found in Carbaugh’s popular INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS, 17E. This market-leading text remains a favorite among students and instructors, like you, for its clear, streamlined treatment of international trade and finance theory. In addition to the latest theoretical developments, this revision offers a strengthened presentation and updated applications. The author clearly presents both written and graphical discussions, making the text understandable even for students with little economics background. A flexible format also makes this book suitable for a wide range of course structures and subjects. As numerous students as well as instructors have discovered, "If it’s clear, concise, and contemporary, it has to be Carbaugh."
1. The International Economy and Globalization
PART I: International Trade Relations
2. Foundations of Modern Trade Theory: Comparative Advantage
3. Sources of Comparative Advantage
5. Nontariff Trade Barriers
6. Trade Regulations and Industrial Policies
7. Trade Policies for the Developing Nations
8. Regional Trading Arrangements
9. International Factor Movements and Multinational Enterprises
International Monetary Relations
10. The Balance-of-Payments
11. Foreign Exchange
12. Exchange Rate Determination
13. Exchange Rate Adjustments and the Balance-of-Payments
14. Exchange Rate Systems and Currency Crises
15. Macroeconomic Policy in an Open Economy
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1337618470 | ISBN-13: 9781337618472)
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.