The Paramedic Exam Review, 3rd Edition
- includes Studyware CD-ROM
- Bob Elling
- Kirsten M. Elling
- ISBN-10: 1133131298
- ISBN-13: 9781133131298
- 464 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2007, 2002
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
With over 2,000 multiple choice questions, the Paramedic Exam Review is a must-have tool for students preparing for State or National certification exams. Newly revised, the third edition reflects the requirements of the paramedic level in the National EMS Educational Standards and the American Heart Association Guidelines for ECC and CPR. Questions ranging from easy to complex are written in a style similar to those found on State and National exams, and corresponding answers offer insightful rationale to assist students with comprehension of critical information and ensure that they are prepared for success– on their certification exam, and beyond.
1. Workforce Safety and Wellness.
2. EMS System & Role of the Paramedic.
3. Public Health, Illness/Injury Prevention & Research.
4. Medical/Legal & Ethical Issues.
5. Communications: System & Therapeutic.
7. Anatomy, Physiology & Medical Terminology.
8. Principles of Pathophysiology.
9. Life Span Development.
10. Principles of Pharmacology.
11. Medication Administration & Emergency Medicines.
12. Airway Management, Respiration, & Artificial Ventilation.
13. Scene Size-Up & Primary Assessment.
14. History Taking, Secondary Assessment.
15. Monitoring Devices & Reassessment.
16. Medical Overview & Neurology.
17. Immunology & Infectious Diseases & Hematology.
18. Endocrine Disorders.
23. Abdominal & Gastrointestinal Disorders.
26. Non-Traumatic Musculoskeletal Disorders.
27. Diseases of the EEN&T.
28. Shock & Resuscitation.
29. Trauma Overview & Bleeding.
30. Chest Trauma.
31. Abdominal & Genitourinary Trauma.
32. Orthopedic Trauma.
33. Soft Tissue Trauma.
34. Head, Facial, Neck & Spine Trauma.
35. Nervous System Trauma.
36. Special Considerations in Trauma.
37. Environmental Emergencies.
38. Multi-System Trauma.
43. The Challenged Patient.
44. Acute Interventions in the Home Care Patient.
45. Ambulance Operations & EVO.
46. Medical Incident Command & MCIs.
47. Vehicle Extrication & Special Rescue.
48. Hazardous Materials.
50. Crime Scene Awareness.
51. Basic Life Support Review.
52. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Review.
Appendix A. Answers & Rationale for Questions.
Appendix B. Tips for preparing for a practical skills exam.
Appendix C. Paramedic Skill Exam Sheets.
Appendix D. Glossary.