Proofreading and Editing Precision, 6th Edition
- includes CD-ROM
- Larry G. Pagel
- ISBN-10: 0538450452
- ISBN-13: 9780538450454
- 312 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2006, 2001
- COPYRIGHT: 2011 Published
Proofreading and Editing Precision is a comprehensive, activity-oriented book designed to sharpen proofreading and editing skills. It provides a thorough review of the rules governing language arts and applies them in business documents. Computerized exercises are integrated to give users practice in proofreading, editing, and formatting documents just as they would in everyday situations.
1. Errors! Errors! Errors!.
2. Keyboarding Errors.
3. Proofreading and Editing at the Computer.
4. Capitalization Errors.
5. Abbreviation Errors and Rough Drafts
6. Number Expression Errors.
7. Subject-Verb Agreement.
Project 1 - Scholarship Search
8. Pronoun Problems.
9. Sentence Construction.
10. Comma Errors.
11. Other Punctuation Errors.
12. Format Errors: Letters and Memos.
13. Format Errors: Reports and Job Search Documents.
14. Editing for Content, Clarity, and Conciseness.
Project 2 - Investment Company.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Annotated Instructor's Edition contains solutions appearing on an overprint of the student pages. Teaching method instructions are also included.