Nelson Mathematics K-2
Mathematics K-2 is designed to help students develop mathematical
understanding and a positive attitude towards mathematics. Different
learning styles are addressed through varied and meaningful tasks that
enable students to construct their own mathematical knowledge. Collaborative
problem solving and explorations with concrete and pictorial representations
build confidence in becoming more mathematically literate.
Features of Nelson Mathematics K-2:
- Each chapter builds on prior knowledge, and carefully develops
the learning to build success and confidence.
- Concepts are developed first through language and concrete experiences
around a central question, moving gradually to pictures and symbols.
- A variety of contexts help to reinforce new concepts, skills, and
vocabulary over a period of time.
- Each lesson includes clear, curriculum-based goals, a central question
to focus students' learning, and manageable opportunities for assessment.
- Content is organized by strand, with meaningful connections developed
among strands and between different content areas.
Core components include:
- Teacher’s Resource Guide including BLMs and free Teacher's
- Poster Pack
- Math Activity Workbook (Grades 1 and 2)
- Game Cards (Grades 1 and 2)
- MathJam Audio CD
- InfoRead Levelled Little Books
- Online support for teachers, students, and parents
- Combined Grades Teacher’s Resource Guide