Poly Gon is having a math party. She is going to send out invitations
to all her friends. She wants her invitations to be decorated with lots
Your job is to design the invitation for Poly's
party. The invitation can have lots of colours and use many different
effects, but it must follow these rules:
- Three shapes must be similar.>
- Two shapes must be trapezoids.
- One shape must have 2 parallel sides.
- Two shapes must be congruent.
- One shape must have less than 4 sides.
- One shape must have more than 4 sides.
Describe completely the different shapes you used
in your design. To create your invitation, you will download a drawing
program from the Internet.
- Go to Tux
Paint. You will have to download this program from the Internet,
using the following steps.
- Pick which version to download. Ask your teacher for this information.
With the mouse, click on the correct version.
- Click on the web address under tuxpaint windows installer.
- On this screen you must select a mirror. You should pick the mirror
that is at a location close to where you live. Which one do you think
is the best choice? Check with your teacher before you click on one
of the choices under the title download.
- A screen ( File Download) will probably pop up
on your screen.
- It will ask you if you should OPEN or SAVE the file to your computer.
Check with your teacher, and then click on the correct one.
- On the next screen (Tux Paint Setup: Licensing Agreement), click
on I AGREE.
- Now you should be ready to start designing your invitation. Explore
TUXPAINT to see all the different things you can do with it. Remember,
you must follow Poly's rules but you can also add in other designs such
as dripping paint, stamps, sparkles and lots of colour.
- Once you have completed your invitation, click on PRINT.
- Describe each of the shapes you used in your design. Include diagrams
of each shape. Use My Invitation Work Sheet to write
down your descriptions.
My Invitation Work Sheet
you verify that your invitation agrees with Poly's rules?
you organize your work so it was easy to follow?
you include diagrams?
you describe your shapes using math language?