CRAZY QUILT GAME
In this Web Quest your child will be continuing their work with quilt
patterns. This Web Quest involves pair work therefore you, or someone
else, will have to participate directly for your child to complete the
second part of the task. Your child will be responsible for describing
a quilt block of their choice using math language, as well as recognizing
a quilt block based on the description provided by another person.
- Read through the student page with your child. Discuss which parts
of the Web Quest you will be doing.
- Visit the websites listed on the Student Page of this Web Quest. Have
your child choose a suitable block pattern to describe. Print a copy
of the quilt block.
- Using math language, have your child describe the quilt block.
- Using your child's description, decide which quilt block he or she
- Check to see if your choice was correct. Together, talk about how
the description could be improved.
- Have your child make any improvements to their description.
Part C (optional)
- Give your child a quilt block description you have written to match
to a quilt block.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 from Part B.
Your child should be familiar with the following vocabulary:
translation, angle, clockwise, counterclockwise, point, rotation,
reflection, diagram, detail, transformation and pattern rule.