Bringing Innovation and Education to Canadian Classrooms
Nelson is Canada’s leading educational solutions publisher providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. We are dedicated to bringing solutions to meet the diverse learning needs of students and in providing exciting content that inspires and fuels the love of learning.
We are pleased to partner with leading, innovative education content developers from around the world to bring the best content to Canadian students and educators alike.
Learn more about our new and exciting partnerships below:
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children’s books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
EssayJack is an interactive, online essay writing tool created by award-winning educators that immediately starts helping students create well-structured essays.
- Ranked as one of the top teaching digital innovations in the world by the British Council and Cambridge English
- Pre-structured essay templates help improve the overall quality of student essays and alleviates writing stress and anxiety
- Customizable templates and prompts enable educators to provide point-of-use support to students
Norton offers a vast collection of renowned resources for high school English, Social Sciences, and Fine Arts. Challenge and ignite student thinking with leading Norton resources that provide:
- Rigorous, academic content for secondary English, Social Sciences, and Fine Arts courses
- Digital assessment and eBook resources to accompany print titles
- High quality editorial design and visuals that appeal to today’s students
National Geographic Kids
National Geographic Kids gives children unique access to National Geographic scientists, explorers, photographers, and experts through an expansive collection of books that teach reading and language skills, fun facts, and cross-curricular content.
- Create learning experiences backed by real scientific research
- Expose students to real-world applications of science, technology, engineering, and math concepts
A range of resources that introduce early literacy and concepts of print, support guided and independent reading, and reinforce cross-curricular content
Kids Can Press
Kids Can Press is the largest Canadian-owned children’s publisher and home of Franklin and Scaredy Squirrel. Choose from engaging titles for Pre-K to Grade 12 to promote equity and wellbeing, spark inquiry, and inspire global citizens.
• Award-winning authors and illustrators that draw readers into every story
• Exciting stories with familiar characters that students can connect with
• A wide range of books and novels from Franklin, CitizenKid, and Loft
MySELF, published by Newmark Learning, helps children develop positive social and emotional skills and behaviours while building core literacy skills through Shared Reading of engaging texts that prompt discussions about real-world experiences.
• Support in achieving academic and interpersonal success in and out of school
• Variety of literacy resources for students and teachers to build solid foundations for future learning
• Child-centred themes that support social and emotional growth
myON® is an award-winning personalized literacy environment that empowers students’ choice and ownership of their reading, from the books they select to the pace at which they read. myON® elevates the student learning experience through:
- A premium online, interactive digital library with over 5,000 fiction and nonfiction titles
- Recommended books within students’ target reading ranges to engage them with just-right texts that they can choose from
- Rich, real-time data and embedded assessments to monitor student grow and progress
DreamBox Learning is an adaptive, online K-8 math program designed to complement classroom instruction and proven to positively impact student outcomes. Combining a motivating, game-like environment with a rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum, it responds to learners’ actions and decisions by continuously adapting to support student competency with math concepts, and promoting strategies for fluency and application—all while empowering educators with real-time data and academic insights to inform instruction.
Pembroke Publishers provides practical professional learning resources for teaching and learning since 1985. Exploring a wide range of topics, from reading and writing, to drama and speaking, to critical thinking and technology in the classroom, Pembroke’s books celebrate the joy of learning. A perfect blend of new ideas, best practices, and practical strategies and tools, these resources are ready to be taken directly into the classroom.
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
ASCD is dedicated to excellence in learning, teaching, and leading so that every child is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. Their professional development resources support educators in every role and every level of experience, from preservice training through retirement. Choose from hundreds of K–12 teaching and learning titles, including resources on topics like cultural diversity, educational technology, safe schools, literacy, and more. Contact your Nelson sales representative today to learn more.
GradeSlam’s interactive classroom platform has created a unique suite of online tutoring tools that allows every student to interact freely and personally with an online tutor, ultimately helping teachers monitor and improve their student’s learning and academic success.