Here are some Web sites to help you with your research.
Here is an activity to help you gather information from one of the Web sites:
Sable Island lies 300 km southeast of Halifax. The island is famous for its wild horses and shipwrecks. But Sable Island also has a fragile ecosystem, which the government is trying to protect. Visit this site to find out more about Sable Island. Then test your knowledge by trying the quizzes on the Fun Page.
1. Visit the Climate of Nova Scotia Web page. Scroll down to the heading "Mainly
2. Read the information in the first paragraph.
3.What is the average yearly precipitation in the following areas: Cape Breton
Highlands, southern coast, north shore? Click here to download a worksheet
you can use to gather your information.
4. Create a bar graph using the information you collected in step 3.
5. Scroll down to the heading "Misty Sunshine."
6. Read the information in the first two paragraphs.
7. What is the average number of foggy days in these places: Halifax International
Airport, Yarmouth, Canso, Sydney?
8. Create a bar graph using the information you collected in step 7.9. Think of two reasons that bar graphs can be a good way to show information.