Columbia: Tourism & Recreation
Sites will provide you with background information.
Click on the link below for
an answer key to the activity in the Student Centre.
This government Web site has detailed
information about popular historic sites and National Parks in British
Columbia. Students may need teacher direction to access National Parks
and Historic Sites from the top menu bar. Parks can be located by name
or by geographic location. Material is suitable for grade 4, 5, &
6 students once the correct Web page is located.
This Web site provides travel information for the main cities and communities
throughout British Columbia. The Web site has comprehensive lists of events,
parks, top attractions, historic sites, and great places to have fun. The
material is suitable for grade 4, 5, & 6 students.
BACK TO TOP OF PAGE
||BC Trip Planner/Poster
Provide students with
the following tips for making a good visual display, poster, or
- Complete your research first. Read the information and make
point form notes on what you want to include.
- Think about what images you will use to represent some of the
information you've read about.
- Create a "thumbnail" (miniature) sketch that shows where you
will place text and images in your product.
- Try more than one design to determine how everything looks together.
- Choose a final layout and make a full-size sketch of it. Stand
back and look at it critically to see how it will look for your
viewer. Do the text and photos/illustrations work well together?
Can it be seen clearly from a distance?
to view the student activity.