National Geographic Science, K–5
Research-based core resource that brings science learning to life through the lens of National Geographic!
- Immerse Students in the Nature of Science and Inquiry
- Unlock the Big Ideas of Science for All Learners
- Build Scientific and Content Literacy
Windows on Literacy
Offering a rich array of 400 levelled nonfiction readers designed to engage and motivate students as they progress through the developmental stages of reading. Titles in each stage—from Step Up to Fluent Plus—are carefully crafted to provide the supports and challenges that young readers need to build a strong foundation for literacy success.
- Integrates literacy development key Science, Social Studies and Math
- Engages students' natural curiosity about the world around them
- Provides nonfiction content matched to the reading levels of students
- Appropriate for guided, shared and independent reading
Content-Based Fiction Readers, K–3
Each beautifully illustrated and carefully levelled title features essential content in science, social studies, and math, while giving your students the skills and strategies they need to grow into strong readers
- Science titles teach core content as students explore key science concepts and vocabulary
- Math titles extend learning by using narratives to teach math concepts and introduce math vocabulary
- Social Studies titles make core content come alive as you teach empathy for diverse cultures and people, family and communities, and the effects of change on individuals and communities
Content-area levelled books offer students a rich array of engaging and thought- provoking science and social studies content while developing nonfiction literacy skills and strategies. Throughout the books, students are exposed to nonfiction text features, graphic elements, organizational patterns and nonfiction genres.
- Over 170 high-interest nonfiction books
- Makes science, social studies and math content meaningful and relevant
- Increases comprehension, communication, and inquiry skills
Content-Based Chapter Books, Grades 3–8
Encourage reading and connect to science and social studies content with the unforgettable characters and compelling plots in these chapter books!
- Visual pages at the start of each book introduce the setting and characters
- Each story unfolds in 4 or 5 chapters and offers a variety of genres from mysteries to adventure stories to historical fiction
Theme Sets, Grades 3–8
Differentiated Instruction at Its Best!
Theme Sets provide differentiated resources for teachers to meet the diverse needs of their students. Each Theme Set provides four books crafted to match the wide range of reading levels within each classroom. All books provide the same core concepts but within different contexts and at different reading levels.
- For students who struggle with content-area textbooks, Theme Sets provide core curriculum that is broken down, not watered down
- For students who are reading on grade level, Theme Sets provide literacy and core content curriculum with appropriate challenge and support
- For students who need more challenging material, Theme Sets provide literacy and core content in ways that develop students' critical thinking skills
Preview content (Quicktime plugin needed)
Explorer Books, Grades 2–6
The best articles from National Geographic Explorer Magazine are now compiled in single-topic books with identical content at two different reading levels (Pioneer and Pathfinder). You can truly provide differentiated texts for content-area reading!
- Pioneer and Pathfinder editions contain the same content and visuals, but have different concept loads, text density, and vocabulary
inZone Books, Grades 6–12
inZone books help middle and high school struggling readers access a world of motivating and engaging literature. Two distinct collections appeal to different ages and interests. The middle school collection includes three readability zones, and the high school collection includes four readability zones.
- On-Page Glossary provides substitute words or phrases to help students keep reading fluently
- Look Ahead supports active reading by helping students anticipate plot developments
- The Exchange promotes thinking and conversation about the book
- Before You Move On provides frequent checks to help ensure that students are comprehending
The Good Writer's Kit, Grades 6–12
Inspire the writer in every student!
- Broaden students' identities as writers
- Deliver explicit, interactive instruction
- Coach students to succeed on high-stake writing tests
Preview content (Quicktime plugin needed)
The Good Reader's Kit, Grades 6–12
Inspire the reader in every student!
- Motivate students with fascinating content and effective resources
- Accelerate academic vocabulary development
- Develop key reading strategies and skills