Applications of Microsoft® Excel in Analytical Chemistry, 2nd Edition
- F. James Holler
- Stanley R. Crouch
- ISBN-10: 128508795X
- ISBN-13: 9781285087955
- 480 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2004
- COPYRIGHT: 2014 Published
This supplement can be used in any analytical chemistry course. The exercises teach students how to use Microsoft® Excel® using applications from statistics, data analysis equilibrium calculations, curve fitting, and more. Operations include everything from basic arithmetic and cell formatting to Solver, Goal Seek, and the Data Analysis Toolpak. The authors show students how to use a spreadsheet to construct log diagrams and to plot the results. Statistical data treatment includes descriptive statistics, linear regression, hypothesis testing, and analysis of variance. Tutorial exercises include nonlinear regression such as fitting the Van Deemter equation, fitting kinetics data, determining error coefficients in spectrophotometry, and calculating titration curves. Additional features include solving complex systems of equilibrium equations and advanced graphical methods: error bars, charts with insets, matrices and determinants, and much more.
1. Excel Basics.
2. Basic Statistical Analysis with Excel.
3. Statistical Tests with Excel.
4. Least-Squares and Calibration Methods.
5. Equilibrium, Activity and Solving Equations.
6. The Systematic Approach to Equilibria: Solving Many Equations.
7. Neutralization Titrations and Graphical Representations.
8. Polyfunctional Acids and Bases.
9. Complexometric and Precipitation Titrations.
10. Potentiometry and Redox Titrations.
11. Dynamic Electrochemistry.
12. Spectrochemical Methods.
13. Kinetic Methods.
15. Electrophoresis and Other Separation Methods.
16. Data Processing with Excel.