MindTap Computing, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for The Illustrated Collection Microsoft Office 365 & Office 2016, 1st Edition
- ISBN-10: 1337391395
- ISBN-13: 9781337391399
- Mixed Media
- COPYRIGHT: 2018 Published
MindTap Computing for The Illustrated Collection is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap gives you complete ownership of your content and learning experience. Choose from Illustrated’s comprehensive collection of content to customize the learning path to match what you teach in your introductory computing course. Powered by SAM’s auto-graded trainings, exams, and projects already populated in the learning path, MindTap Computing for The Illustrated Collection propels students from memorization to mastery. The Illustrated series takes a skill-based approach that presents tasks one at a time for clear instruction and easy reference. It has efficient coverage of skills and offers the same content as other texts but in fewer modules and pages. This instructional design is complemented by SAM trainings, exams, and projects closely mapped to each module.
"MindTap was very useful – it was easy to follow and everything was right there."
— Student, San Jose State University
The Learning Path includes the following Units:
Introduction – 3 Modules
Operating Systems – 9 Modules
Word – 18 Modules
Excel – 18 Modules
Access – 17 Modules
PowerPoint – 13 Modules
Outlook – 2 Modules
Integration – 6 Modules
Computer Concepts – 4 Modules (coming summer ’17)
Each Modules contains the following key resources:
• MindTap Reader. Shelly Cashman Series® text content in eReader format with integrated study tools
• SAM Training: In SAM trainings, students follow a natural progression of skill acquisition, where they receive an introduction, then observe, practice, and apply their skills in a simulated Office and computing environment.
• SAM Observe Videos. SAM Videos from the Training allow for quick reference and review of each skill.
• SAM Exams: Simulated like SAM trainings, in exams students are tasked with the instructions for the skill and leverage what they learned in the training to perform the higher-stakes assessment.
• SAM Projects: SAM projects provide students with the hands-on practice that is vital for their skill development. These projects are completed live in the Office application and students receive comprehensive feedback and remediation to improve their work.
In addition, the Collection includes:
• New Productivity Apps for Work and School. This module by Corinne Hoisington provides a visual introduction to Microsoft OneNote, Sway, Office Mix and Edge. This piece also includes fun, hands-on activities for active learning. Companion Sways provide videos and step-by-step instructions to help students learn to use each app.
• Office 365 Mixes. Focus on what’s new in each application.
• Office 365 Getting Started Guides. Provide fundamentals for each application.
• Student Success Guide. Describes tools and skills to bolster student success. That includes time management, planning, study skills and how to use OneNote in class or for personal use.
• Getting Started with Mac OS X. Explores the fundamentals of the Mac Operating System.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, instructor’s manual, test banks, and more.
MindTap helps you learn on your terms. Instant access in your pocket. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App to learn on your terms. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MindTap helps you create your own potential. Gear up for ultimate success. In a recent study*, two-thirds (68%) of students participating noted that they were more confident in their abilities due to their usage of SAM*. Track your scores on SAM assignments in your MindTap course and stay motivated toward your goals. Whether you have more work to do or are ahead of the curve, you’ll know where you need to focus your efforts. And the MindTap Green Dot "P” will charge your confidence along the way. *Study: Three Key Components to Empowering Student Success with Microsoft Office Skills and on the MOS Exams. Study done by Project Tomorrow. MindTap helps you own your progress Make your textbook yours. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, everything you’ve flagged or noted can be gathered into a guide you can organize.