Pipe Welding, 1st Edition
- Larry Jeffus
- Bryan Baker
- ISBN-10: 1133691846
- ISBN-13: 9781133691846
- 396 Pages | Hardcover
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
PIPE WELDING, 1E is a comprehensive guide to pipe welding. This textbook not only explains basic welding techniques, it also covers the unique safety issues welders often encounter on the job. From pipe layout and assembly to welding techniques using SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW processes, this practical guide shows students how to become a pipe welder.
1. Introduction to Pipe Welding.
2. Welding Safety.
3. Shop Math.
4. Blueprint Reading and Welding Symbols.
5. Thermal Cutting Processes.
6. Pipe Joint Design and Preparation.
7. Pipe Fit-Up and Alignment.
8. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Pipe.
9. Gas Metal Arc Welding of Pipe.
10. Flux Cored Arc Welding of Pipe.
11. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding of Pipe.
12. Pipe Welding with Multiple Processes.
13. Machine and Automatic Pipe Welding.
14. Filler Metals.
15. Welding Metallurgy.
16. Weld Discontinuity and Defects.
17. Pipe Weld Repairs.
18. Testing and Inspecting Welds.
19. Pipe Welding Certification – Welding Procedures.
20. Pipe Threads.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 130540243X | ISBN-13: 9781305402430)
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.