Nutrition, Exercise, and Behavior: An Integrated Approach to Weight Management, 3rd Edition
- Liane M. Summerfield
- ISBN-10: 1305258770
- ISBN-13: 9781305258778
- 448 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2012, 2001
- COPYRIGHT: 2016 Published
NUTRITION, EXERCISE, AND BEHAVIOR: AN INTEGRATED APPROACH TO WEIGHT MANAGEMENT, 3rd edition, is designed for students and professionals in a variety of disciplines who need to understand the basic principles of weight management. It incorporates a multifaceted, public health approach to issues of weight management—examining not only individual factors, but societal, family, and environmental factors contributing to eating disorders and overweight/obesity. The text includes detailed coverage of assessment techniques, behavioral and non-behavioral treatment approaches, and prevention strategies.
PART I: AN INTRODUCTION TO WEIGHT MANAGEMENT.
1. Overweight, Underweight, and Obesity.
2. Assessment of Body Weight, Body Composition, and Associated Comorbidities.
3. Eating Disorders.
PART II BIOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF WEIGHT MANAGEMENT.
4. Energy Metabolism.
5. Regulation of Eating Behavior and Body Weight.
PART III PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR HEALTH AND WEIGHT MANAGEMENT.
6. Physical Activity and Exercise: The Basics.
7. Physical Activity, Health, and Weight Management.
PART IV NUTRITION FOR HEALTH AND WEIGHT MANAGEMENT.
8. Healthy Diet: The Basics.
9. Dietary Approaches to Weight Management.
PART V APPROACHES TO WEIGHT MANAGEMENT.
10. Weight Loss Drugs, Commercial and Fad Diets, Supplements, and Surgery.
11. Lifestyle Modification to Promote Health and Weight Management.
Diet & Wellness Plus helps you understand how nutrition relates to your personal health goals. Track your diet and activity, generate reports, and analyze the nutritional value of the food you eat. Diet & Wellness Plus includes over 75,000 foods as well as custom food and recipe features. The new Behavior Change Planner helps you identify risks in your life and guides you through the key steps to make positive changes.