Inclusive Early Childhood Education: Development, Resources, and Practice, 6th Edition
- Penny Low Deiner
- ISBN-10: 1111837155
- ISBN-13: 9781111837150
- 640 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2010, 2005, 1999
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
INCLUSIVE EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION: DEVELOPMENT, RESOURCES, AND PRACTICE, Sixth Edition, is a comprehensive special education resource book that provides essential information on a variety of early childhood learning disabilities, as well as strategies for including children with these special needs in regular educational settings. The author provides students with a solid grounding in theory and research, as well as practical guidelines, real-world vignettes, and hands-on program planning assistance to prepare them to integrate children with learning disabilities into their classrooms. Updated throughout, this edition also introduces videos that are available for viewing at the Early Childhood Education Media Library, allowing students to see text concepts brought to life in real classroom settings.
"[This is a] great resource [with a] very easy layout and format. The concepts are broken down and reinforced with real-world examples."
— Clayton Ryan, Fisher College
1. Including All Children in a Dynamic Educational System.
2. Partnering with Families and Honoring Their Diversity.
3. Assessment and Evaluation.
4. Curriculum and Standards in Inclusive Settings.
5. Individualizing Planning.
6. Atypical Development: The Beginning.
7. Infants and Toddlers.
8. Children with Specific Learning Disabilities.
9. Children with Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Disorders.
10. Children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
11. Children with Communication Disorders.
12. Children Who Are English Language Learners.
13. Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
14. Children with Intellectual Delays and Disabilities.
15. Children Who Are Gifted and Talented.
16. Children with Special Health Care Needs.
17. Children with Orthopedic and Neurologic Impairments.
18. Children with Hearing Impairments.
19. Children with Visual Impairments.
Resource 1. Social Awareness Activities: Social Competence and Social Studies.
Resource 2. Language Arts and Literacy Activities: Speaking and Listening, Reading, Writing and Language.
Resource 3. Discovery Activities: Mathematics, Science, and Technology.
Resource 4. Wellness Activities: Health and Safety, Physical Education, and Sensory Motor Integration.
Resource 5. Creative Arts Activities: Visual Arts, Music, Movement and Dance, and Dramatic Play and Theater.
Resource 6. Infant and Toddler Activities: Young Infants, Mobile Infants, and Toddlers.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
The online Instructor's Manual contains information to assist the instructor in designing the course, including a sample syllabus, learning objectives, teaching and learning activities, and additional print and online resources. For assessment support, the updated Test Bank includes true/false, multiple-choice, matching, short-answer, and essay questions for each chapter.Online PowerPoint® Slides (ISBN-10: 1133351751 | ISBN-13: 9781133351757)
Preassembled Microsoft® PowerPoint® lecture slides cover content for each chapter of the book.