Food and Culture, 7th Edition
- Pamela Goyan Kittler
- Kathryn P. Sucher
- Marcia Nahikian Nelms
- ISBN-10: 1305628055
- ISBN-13: 9781305628052
- 560 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2012, 2008, 2004
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
FOOD AND CULTURE is the market-leading text for the cultural foods courses, providing current information on the health, culture, food, and nutrition habits of the most common ethnic and racial groups living in the United States. It is designed to help health professionals, chefs, and others in the food service industry learn to work effectively with members of different ethnic and religious groups in a culturally sensitive manner. The authors include comprehensive coverage of key ethnic, religious, and regional groups, including Native Americans, Europeans, Africans, Mexicans and Central Americans, Caribbean Islanders, South Americans, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Southeast Asians, Pacific Islanders, People of the Balkans, Middle Easterners, Asian Indians, and regional Americans.
1. FOOD AND CULTURE.
2. TRADITIONAL HEALTH BELIEFS AND PRACTICES.
3. INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION.
4. FOOD AND RELIGION.
5. NATIVE AMERICANS.
6. NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN EUROPEANS.
7. CENTRAL EUROPEANS, PEOPLE OF THE FORMER SOVIET UNION, AND SCANDINAVIANS.
9. MEXICANS AND CENTRAL AMERICANS.
10. CARIBBEAN ISLANDERS AND SOUTH AMERICANS.
11. CHINESE, JAPANESE, AND KOREANS.
12. SOUTHEAST ASIANS AND PACIFIC ISLANDERS.
13. PEOPLE OF THE BALKANS AND THE MIDDLE EAST.
14. ASIAN INDIANS AND PAKISTANIS.
15. REGIONAL AMERICANS.
GLOSSARY OF ETHNIC INGREDIENTS.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning’s Nutrition CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. Nutrition CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes—online with Nutrition CourseMate.