Managerial Economics, 3rd Edition
- Luke M. Froeb
- Brian T. McCann
- Michael R. Ward
- Mike Shor
- ISBN-10: 1133951481
- ISBN-13: 9781133951483
- 320 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2010, 2008
- COPYRIGHT: 2014 Published
Teach your MBA students how to use economics to solve business problems with this breakthrough text. MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS: A PROBLEM SOLVING APPROACH, 3E covers traditional material using a problem-based pedagogy built around common business mistakes. Models are used sparingly, and then only to the extent that they help students figure out why mistakes are made, and how to fix them. This edition's succinct, fast-paced presentation and challenging, interactive applications place students in the role of a decision maker who has to not only identify profitable decisions, but also implement them. The lively book provides an excellent ongoing reference for students pursuing business careers. Instructor's remark, "The Froeb/McCann/Shor/Ward textbook is designed for decision makers. Each chapter provides logical steps to solve common but misunderstood business problems. The books candor and novelty make for easy, enjoyable reading."
Preface: Teaching Students to Solve Problems.
SECTION I: PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING.
1. Introduction: What This Book Is About.
2. The One Lesson of Business.
3. Benefits, Costs, and Decisions.
4. Extent (How Much) Decisions.
5. Investment Decisions: Look Ahead and Reason Back.
SECTION II: PRICING, COSTS, AND PROFITS.
6. Simple Pricing.
7. Economies of Scale and Scope.
8. Short-run Market-level Pricing.
9. Long-run Market-level Pricing.
10. Strategy—The Quest to Keep Profit from Eroding.
11. Foreign Exchange, Trade, and Bubbles.
SECTION III: PRICING FOR GREATER PROFIT.
12. More Realistic and Complex Pricing.
13. Direct Price Discrimination.
14. Indirect Price Discrimination.
SECTION IV: STRATEGIC DECISION MAKING.
15. Strategic Games.
SECTION V: Uncertainty.
17. Making Decisions with Uncertainty.
19. The Problem of Adverse Selection.
20. The Problem of Moral Hazard.
SECTION VI: Organizational Design.
21. Getting Employees to Work in the Firm's Best Interests.
22. Getting Divisions to Work in the Firm's Best Interests.
23. Managing Vertical Relationships.
SECTION VII: WRAPPING UP.
23. You Be the Consultant.
Epilogue: Can Those Who Teach, Do?
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom, or wherever you want!CourseMate Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1285433505 | ISBN-13: 9781285433509)
Economics CourseMate offers a dynamic way to bring course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the text. Watch student comprehension soar with an interactive e-book, chapter outlines, chapter summaries, flash cards, Luke Froeb's blog, PowerPoint presentations, Luke Froeb's video lectures, interactive quizzing, related links, and more! Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool, monitors student engagement and progress.
Economics CourseMate offers a dynamic way to bring course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the text. Watch student comprehension soar with an interactive e-book, chapter outlines, chapter summaries, flash cards, Luke Froeb's blog, PowerPoint presentations, Luke Froeb's video lectures, interactive quizzing, related links, and more! Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool, monitors student engagement and progress.Flash Cards, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305210719 | ISBN-13: 9781305210714)