Accounting Information Systems, 9th Edition
- Ulric J. Gelinas
- Richard B. Dull
- Patrick Wheeler
- ISBN-10: 0538469315
- ISBN-13: 9780538469319
- 744 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2010, 2008, 2005
- COPYRIGHT: 2012 Published
Today's accounting professionals are challenged to identify enterprise risks and provide quality assurance for a company's information systems. ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS, 9E, focuses on three critical accounting information systems in use today: enterprise systems, e-Business systems, and controls for maintaining those systems. Students will easily grasp even the most challenging topics as they explore today's most intriguing AIS topics relative to business processes, information technology, strategic management, security, and internal controls. The 9th edition provides students with the tools for organizing and managing information to help them succeed and protect the integrity of their employer's information system.
"Very thorough. It gets to the point without being encyclopedic in nature."
— Edward R. Walker, University of Central Oklahoma
PART I: UNDERSTANDING INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
1. Introduction to Accounting Information Systems.
2. Enterprise Systems.
3. Electronic Business (E-Business) Systems.
PART II: ORGANIZING AND MANAGING INFORMATION.
4. Documenting Information Systems.
5. Database Management Systems.
6. Relational Databases and SQL.
PART III: ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT.
7. Controlling Information Systems: Introduction to Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Control.
8. Controlling Information Systems: Introduction to Pervasive Controls.
9. Controlling Information Systems: Business Process and Application Controls.
PART IV: BUSINESS PROCESSES.
10. The Order Entry/Sales (OE/S) Process.
11. The Billing/Accounts Receivable/Cash Receipts (B/AR/CR) Process.
12. The Purchasing Process.
13. The Accounts Payable/Cash Disbursements (AP/CD) Process.
14. The Human Resources (HR) Management and Payroll Processes.
15. Integrated Production Processes (IPP).
PART V: REPORTING.
16. The General Ledger and Business Reporting (GL/BR) Process.
PART VI: ACQUIRING AN AIS.
17. Acquiring and Implementing Accounting Information Systems.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
This all-in-one tool gives you access to all resources at once including: Solutions Manual: Easily find all of the answers to all in-text Discussion Questions and Problems that will allow you to tailor the solutions to the way you assign problems in class. PowerPoint slides: Bring your lectures to life and clarify concepts for students with these electronic PowerPoint® slides covering all major text concepts and key terms in a visually appealing and clear presentation. Test Bank: Complete with multiple-choice, true/false, short-answer, and other problems to effectively assess student comprehension of the subject. Examview® testing software allows you to easily create tests and quizzes. NEW-all new changes to ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS, 9E are reflected in these supplements.Solutions Manual (ISBN-10: 0538481374 | ISBN-13: 9780538481373)
Available in print as well as on the IRCD, easily find all of the answers to all in-text Discussion Questions and Problems that will allow you to tailor the solutions to the way you assign problems in class. Modify solutions or post them to a course Web site for maximum efficiency. NEW- Discussion Questions and Problems now include a Short Problems section between chapters, giving instructors an alternative to the longer traditional problems.