Course360 Civil Litigation Printed Access Card, 1st Edition
- ISBN-10: 111154302X
- ISBN-13: 9781111543020
- Mixed Media
- COPYRIGHT: 2012 Published
Course360 for Civil Litigation is a full online course, designed by a team of Instructional Designers and Subject Matter Experts specifically for online or hybrid learning environments. These online courses allow students to master important concepts needed to excel in the legal field. Each robust course is interactive and hands-on—presenting important information in a manageable way and giving many opportunities to put it all into practice. Our team of experts finds the best digital content in our library to teach all relevant topics, and we then write assessments to test them. Syllabus, content and assessments are all tied together through an outcomes-based framework that focuses on your students' ultimate success in the course. Course360 also works within your very own Learning Management System and is highly customizable and flexible. We can perform customization for you, or you can make modifications along the way. Either way, you have the opportunity to make the course your own.
At the completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. Describe the functions of federal and state courts on the trial and appeals levels.
2. Investigate a claim by gathering and processing evidence.
3. Work with attorneys to initiate a lawsuit.
4. Respond to a lawsuit using the appropriate motions and pleadings.
5. Use trial preparation techniques related to discovery and managing the exchange of information.
6. Explain the pretrial events and trial process that cases commonly encounter.
7. Describe the process of appeal.
8. Compare the roles and ethical obligations of attorneys and paralegals during the litigation process.