Statistics for Management and Economics + XLSTAT Bind-in, 11th Edition
- Gerald Keller
- ISBN-10: 1337093459
- ISBN-13: 9781337093453
- 992 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2015, 2012, 2009
- COPYRIGHT: 2018 Published
Demonstrate how statistical methods are vital for today's managers and economists as you teach students how to apply these tools to real business problems with STATISTICS FOR MANAGEMENT AND ECONOMICS, 11E. This best-selling business and economic statistics text emphasizes applications over calculations using a unique three-step "ICI" approach to problem solving. Students IDENTIFY the correct statistical technique by focusing on the problem objective and data type; then COMPUTE the statistics (by hand, using Excel® 2016, or using XLSTAT Excel add-in); and ultimately INTERPRET results in the context of the problem. Readers examine functional areas of business as data-driven examples, more than 2400 exercises, and 32 cases demonstrate how marketing managers, financial analysts, accountants, and economists use statistical applications. Many exercises feature returns on 40 stocks. Students can download 1100 data sets, online appendixes and Data Analysis Plus from the book’s website.
1. What is Statistics?
2. Graphical Descriptive Techniques I.
3. Graphical Descriptive Techniques II.
4. Numerical Descriptive Techniques.
5. Data Collection and Sampling.
7. Random Variables and Discrete Probability Distributions.
8. Continuous Probability Distributions.
9. Sampling Distributions.
10. Introduction to Estimation.
11. Introduction to Hypothesis Testing.
12. Inference about a Population.
13. Inference about Comparing Two Populations.
14. Analysis of Variance.
15. Chi-Squared Tests.
16. Simple Linear Regression and Correlation.
17. Multiple Regression.
18. Model Building.
19. Nonparametric Statistics.
20. Time-Series Analysis and Forecasting.
21. Statistical Process Control.
22. Decision Analysis.
Appendix A. Data File Sample Statistics.
Appendix B. Tables.
Appendix C. Answers to Selected Even-Numbered Exercises.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.