The Psychology Major's Handbook, 3rd Edition
- Tara L. Kuther
- ISBN-10: 1111302693
- ISBN-13: 9781111302696
- 256 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2006, 2003
- COPYRIGHT: 2012 Published
This handbook, by Tara L. Kuther, offers undergraduate students the information they need to make informed decisions about whether to pursue psychology as a major and career, as well as guidance to help them succeed in their psychology course. The first chapter introduces students to the scope of psychology and the subspecialties within the field. Subsequent chapters help students assess their skills, abilities, and interests. Career opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels are presented so students can decide whether psychology is an appropriate major for them.
1. What Is Psychology?
2. Choosing a Major: Is Psychology for You?
3. Take an Active Role in Your Education.
4. Study Tips: Tools for Academic Success.
5. Writing a Literature Review.
6. Writing an Empirical Paper.
7. What Can I Do with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology?
8. Finding a Job with Your Bachelor's Degree.
9. What Can I Do with a Graduate Degree in Psychology?
10. Applying to Graduate School in Psychology.