Week by Week: Plans for Documenting Children's Development, 7th Edition
- Barbara Ann Nilsen
- ISBN-10: 1305501004
- ISBN-13: 9781305501003
- 464 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2014, 2011, 2008
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
WEEK BY WEEK: PLANS FOR DOCUMENTING CHILDREN'S DEVELOPMENT, 7th Edition helps pre-service and in-service teachers manage detailed, meaningful documentation of their young students' development and achievements while attending to the other functions necessary to keep children safe and actively involved in learning. This all-purpose guide provides a concrete, systematic plan for recording each child's growth in all developmental areas. It also presents observation methods, reviews principles of child development as a framework for observation, provides example observation forms, and applies appropriate practice to authentic assessment. This edition features integrated coverage of NAEYC Standards and Developmentally Appropriate Practices, and learning objectives. Real-life examples, practical tips, forms with clear instructions, and step-by-step guidelines for gathering observational information and building a portfolio for each child make the book useful to teachers in training as well as practicing professionals.
1. Getting Started.
2. Using the Class List Log to Look at Separation and School Adjustment.
3. Using Anecdotal Recordings to Look at Self-Care.
4. Using Checklists to Look at Physical Development.
5. Using Running Records to Look at Social Development.
6. Using Frequency Counts to Look at Emotional Development.
7. Using Conversations to Listen to Language and Speech.
8. Using Time Samples to Look at Attention Span.
9. Using Standardized Tests to Look at Cognitive Development.
10. Using Rating Scales to Look at Literacy.
11. Using Work Samples to Look at Creativity.
12. Using Technology for Documentation of Dramatic Play.
13. Using Documentation for Child Abuse Suspicions and Looking at Self-Concept.
14. Using Program Assessments to Look at Children in Groups.
15. Using the Portfolio for Communications with Families and Looking at the Child's Interactions with Adults.
16. Using the Yearly Plan to Observe and Record Children's Development.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.MindTap Education, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Nilsen's Week by Week: Plans for Documenting Children's Development (ISBN-10: 1305638190 | ISBN-13: 9781305638198)
MindTap Education for Nilsen's Week by Week, 7th Edition is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap’s customizable teaching and learning solution offers a fully integrated eportfolio. Students master concepts critical to becoming great teachers as they practice skills, create tools, and demonstrate competency. Students prepare a portfolio and plan eventual state licensure for their teaching careers. They learn habits of reflective practitioners. A scaffolded learning experience moves students up Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy. Help students assess the effectiveness of their teaching practices, and adjust, as needed. A Student Progress App compares performance against education standards. MindTap even works with your existing Learning Management System.
MindTap Education for Nilsen's Week by Week: Plans for Documenting Children's Development, 7th Edition helps you learn on your terms with a personalized, customizable learning solution. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. MindTap Mobile App lets you read or listen to the text with instructor notifications. MINDTAP HELPS YOU GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. You master concepts critical for great teachers as you practice concepts, create tools, and demonstrate competency. Automatically save artifacts in an e-portfolio available after your course to showcase work to potential employers. Prepare for state licensure to launch your teaching career and develop habits of a reflective practitioner. MINDTAP HELPS YOU MAKE THE TEXT YOURS. Highlight text, add notes, and create flashcards. MindTap works within your college’s course management system. You combine creativity with theory and research to practice solving real teaching challenges.