Construction Jobsite Management, 4th Edition
- William R. Mincks
- Hal Johnston
- ISBN-10: 130508179X
- ISBN-13: 9781305081796
- 496 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2011, 2004, 1998
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
The newly updated Fourth Edition of CONSTRUCTION JOBSITE MANAGEMENT examines all facets of construction project management from the contractor’s point of view. The responsibilities of project managers, construction superintendents, and construction engineers are covered in depth, from configuring a project team through closing out a project. The text maintains a strong focus on jobsite personnel activities, outlining proven procedures and offering helpful techniques to manage projects effectively from start to finish. Clear, concise language and accurate, relevant detail make this book an essential introduction to the "real world" of construction jobsite management.
1. Introduction to Project Management.
2. The Project Team.
3. Use of Construction Documents on the Jobsite.
4. Submittals, Samples, and Shop Drawings.
5. Documentation and Record Keeping at the Jobsite.
6. Jobsite Layout and Control.
7. Meetings, Negotiations, and Dispute Resolution.
8. Jobsite Labor Relations and Control.
9. Personnel and Safety Management.
10. Subcontracting and Purchasing.
11. Project Quality Management.
12. Time and Cost Control.
13. Waste and Environmental Management and Sustainable Construction Practices.
14. Computerized Project Administration.
15. Building Information Modeling.
16. Changes and Claims.
17. Progress Payments.
18. Project Closeout.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
INSTRUCTOR DESCRIPTION: Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305646703 | ISBN-13: 9781305646704)
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.