Wills, Trusts, and Estates Administration, 7th Edition
- Dennis R. Hower
- Peter Kahn
- ISBN-10: 1111137781
- ISBN-13: 9781111137786
- 640 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2008, 2002, 1996
- COPYRIGHT: 2012 Published
A trusted resource in paralegal education for more than three decades, WILLS, TRUSTS, AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION, 7th Edition introduces the basics of estate planning and bequeathing property through wills and trusts, along with the laws and procedures involved, including the Uniform Probate Code. In addition to substantive probate law, the text covers procedural law, tax implications, ethical considerations, and the roles paralegals and other professionals play in the process. The text's approach helps students hone their critical thinking skills; the writing is clear and free of confusing legalese. Packed with student-friendly case summaries, state-specific examples, and detailed documents and exhibits, the 7th Edition of WILLS, TRUSTS, AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION is an ideal text for non-lawyers preparing for careers in this important area of law.
"The text material is very well written; it is complete and comprehensive. Also, I believe this is a textbook that a student will keep and use as a reference guide once working as paralegal. The organization of the text material is such that as an instructor, I can begin with chapter one and teach each subsequent chapter in sequence until I reach the end. It is a very good text."
— Randi Ray, Des Moines Area Community College
1. The Estate Plan, and the Purpose and Need for a Will.
2. The Concept of Property Related to Wills, Trusts, and Estate Administration.
3. The Participants and the Proper Court.
4. The Law of Succession: Death Testate or Intestate.
5. Wills: Validity Requirements, Modification, Revocation, and Contests.
6. Preparation to Draft a Will: Checklists and the Conference with the Client.
7. Final Draft and Execution of a Valid Will.
8. Introduction to Trusts.
9. Classification of Trusts, the Living Trust, and Other Special Trusts.
10. Estate Planning.
11. Long-Term Care.
12. Personal Representatives: Types, Pre-Probate Duties, and Appointment.
13. Probate and Estate Administration.
14. Informal Probate Administration.
15. Tax Considerations in the Administration of Estates.
16. Ethical Principles Relevant to Practicing Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
Appendix A: Sample Marital Deduction Testamentary Trust.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
The Instructor Resources CD-Rom includes: Instructor's Manual, Computerized Testbank in Examview, and Customizable PowerPoint ™ Presentations.Online Instructor's Manual (ISBN-10: 1111137803 | ISBN-13: 9781111137809)
Serves as an instructional resource and provides learning objectives, lecture outlines, answers to the text questions, and test bank with answer key. Available via www.cengage.com/community/paralegal.Paralegal CourseMate with eBook Instant Access Code (ISBN-10: 1111644705 | ISBN-13: 9781111644703)
The Instructor Resources CD-Rom includes: Instructor's Manual, Computerized Testbank in Examview, and Customizable PowerPoint ™ Presentations.
Cengage Learning's Paralegal CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook.WebTutor™ on Blackboard® Instant Access Code (ISBN-10: 113313307X | ISBN-13: 9781133133070)
Succeed in your law course with this anytime, anywhere customized learning solution that reinforces and clarifies complex concepts, provides online quizzes with instant feedback and other online learning tools, and keeps you connected to your textbook, instructor, and classmates.