Roadmap to Information Security: For IT and Infosec Managers, 1st Edition
- Michael E. Whitman
- Herbert J. Mattord
- ISBN-10: 1435480309
- ISBN-13: 9781435480308
- 400 Pages | Paperback
- COPYRIGHT: 2011 Published
ROADMAP TO INFORMATION SECURITY: FOR IT AND INFOSEC MANAGERS provides a solid overview of information security and its relationship to the information needs of an organization. Content is tailored to the unique needs of information systems professionals who find themselves brought in to the intricacies of information security responsibilities. The book is written for a wide variety of audiences looking to step up to emerging security challenges, ranging from students to experienced professionals. This book is designed to guide the information technology manager in dealing with the challenges associated with the security aspects of their role, providing concise guidance on assessing and improving an organization's security. The content helps IT managers to handle an assignment to an information security role in ways that conform to expectations and requirements, while supporting the goals of the manager in building and maintaining a solid information security program.
Part I: OVERVIEW OF THE SECURITY LANDSCAPE.
1. Introduction to the Roadmap to Information Security Roadmap.
2. Threats to Information Assets.
3. Attacks on Information Assets.
Part II: STRATEGIC INFORMATION SECURITY: SECURITY GOVERNANCE.
4. Information Technology and Information Security Governance.
5. Information Security Roles and Responsibilities.
6. Positioning the Information Security Function.
7. Conducting an Information Security Assessment.
Part III: STRATEGIC INFORMATION SECURITY: RISK MANAGEMENT.
8. Risk Management: Risk Identification.
9. Risk Management: Risk Assessment.
10. Risk Management: Risk Control.
11. Alternate Approaches to Risk Management.
PART IV: STRATEGIC INFORMATION SECURITY: STANDARDS, REGULATIONS, LAW AND ETHICS.
12. Standards for Managing the Information Security Program.
13. Emerging Trends in Certification and Accreditation.
14. Dealing with Regulatory Compliance and Key Legal Issues.
15. Other Important Laws for Every IT/Security Manager.
16. Ethics in IT and Information Security.
Part V: TACTICAL INFORMATION SECURITY: POLICIES AND PROGRAMS.
17. Information Security Policy: Development and Implementation.
18. Information Security Policy Types: EISP, ISSP, SysSP.
19. Employment Policies and Practices.
20. Implementing Security Education, Training, and Awareness Programs.
Part VI: TACTICAL INFORMATION SECURITY: CONTINGENCY PLANNING.
21. Contingency Planning: Planning for the Worst.
22. The Incident Response Plan.
23. The Disaster Recovery Plan.
24. The Business Continuity Plan.
Part VII: OPERATIONAL INFORMATION SECURITY: NETWORK SECURITY.
25. Communications and Operations Management.
27. Protecting Remote Access.
28. Intrusion Detection Systems.
29. Scanning and Analysis Tools.
Part VIII: OPERATIONAL INFORMATION SECURITY: CRYPTOGRAPHY AND ACCESS CONTROLS.
30. Cryptography in Theory.
31. Cryptography in Practice.
32. Access Controls and Biometrics.
33. Physical Security.
Part IX: SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS.
Appendix A: Information Security Self-Assessment Checklists.
Appendix B: Information Security Certification Guidelines – The CISSP/SSCP.
Appendix C: Information Security Certification Guidelines – The CISM.