MIS, 8th Edition
- includes MIS Online, 1 term (6 months) Printed Access Card
- Hossein Bidgoli
- ISBN-10: 1337406929
- ISBN-13: 9781337406925
- 336 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2017, 2016, 2015
- COPYRIGHT: 2018 Published
Through ongoing research into students’ workflows and preferences, MIS from 4LTR Press combines an easy-reference, paperback textbook with Chapter Review Cards, and an innovative online experience – all at an affordable price. New for this edition, students explore MIS anywhere, anytime, and on most devices with MIS Online! With the intuitive StudyBits™ functionality, students study more effectively and can visually monitor their own progress. Coupled with straightforward course management, assessment, and analytics for instructors, MIS with MIS Online engages students of all generations and learning styles, and integrates seamlessly into your Management Information Systems.
"The online help was great. The games made it so it wasn't boring and I retained more of the information."
— Tiffany Llewellyn, Lakeland Community College
Part I: FUNDAMENTALS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
1. Information Systems: An Overview.
2. Computers: The Machines Behind Computing.
3. Database Systems, Data Warehouses, and Data Marts.
4. Personal, Legal, Ethical, and Organizational Issues of Information Systems.
5. Protecting Information Resources.
Part II: DATA COMMUNICATION, THE INTERNET, E-COMMERCE, AND GLOBAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
6. Data Communication: Delivering Information Anywhere and Anytime.
7. The Internet, Intranets, and Extranets.
9. Global Information Systems.
Part III: IS DEVELOPMENT, ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS, MSS, IIS, AND EMERGING TRENDS.
10. Building Successful Information Systems.
11. Enterprise Systems.
12. Management Support Systems.
13. Intelligent Information Systems.
14. Emerging Trends, Technologies, and Applications.