MIS, 9th Edition
- includes MindTap, 1 term (6 months) Printed Access Card
- Hossein Bidgoli
- ISBN-10: 1337625981
- ISBN-13: 9781337625982
- 384 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2018, 2017, 2016
- COPYRIGHT: 2019 Published
Through ongoing research into students’ workflows and preferences, MIS from 4LTR Press offers multiple options including an easy-reference, paperback textbook with Chapter Review Cards and an innovative online experience--all at an affordable price. MIS9 is the most practical MIS textbook on the market, with over 100 information boxes and cases that clearly illustrate how information systems are being used in real-life applications. New for this edition, MindTap digital resources are available with readings, videos, RSS feeds and interactive assignments!
Part I: FUNDAMENTALS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
1. Information Systems: An Overview.
2. Computers: The Machines Behind Computing.
3. Database Systems, Data Warehouses, and Data Marts.
4. Personal, Legal, Ethical, and Organizational Issues of Information Systems.
5. Protecting Information Resources.
Part II: DATA COMMUNICATION, THE INTERNET, E-COMMERCE, AND GLOBAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
6. Data Communication: Delivering Information Anywhere and Anytime.
7. The Internet, Intranets, and Extranets.
9. Global Information Systems.
Part III: IS DEVELOPMENT, ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS, MSS, IIS, AND EMERGING TRENDS.
10. Building Successful Information Systems.
11. Enterprise Systems.
12. Management Support Systems.
13. Intelligent Information Systems.
14. Emerging Trends, Technologies, and Applications.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, Chapter Prep review cards, and more.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1337626074 | ISBN-13: 9781337626071)
Cengage Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit and manipulate content from the text's Test Bank or elsewhere--including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options--e.g., all answers are correct--sharpen ambiguous questions and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels and Bloom’s Taxonomy.