Cengage Advantage Books: Western Civilization, Volume II: Since 1500, 9th Edition
- Jackson Spielvogel
- ISBN-10: 1285448510
- ISBN-13: 9781285448510
- 768 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2012, 2011
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
Developed to meet the demand for a low-cost, high-quality history book, this text is an economically priced version of WESTERN CIVILIZATION, Ninth Edition. The Advantage Edition offers readers the complete narrative while limiting the number of maps, photos, and boxed features. Best-selling author Jackson Spielvogel has helped over one million students learn about the present by exploring the past. Spielvogel's engaging, chronological narrative weaves the political, economic, social, religious, intellectual, cultural, and military aspects of history into a gripping story that is as memorable as it is instructive. CENGAGE ADVANTAGE BOOKS: WESTERN CIVILIZATION includes 99 maps and excerpts of over 70 primary sources that enliven the past while introducing students to the source material of historical scholarship. Available in the following split options: CENGAGE ADVANTAGE BOOKS: WESTERN CIVILIZATION, Ninth Edition (Chapters 1-30), ISBN: 978-1-285-44841-1; Volume I: To 1715 (Chapters 1-16), ISBN: 978-1-285-44846-6; Volume II: Since 1500 (Chapters 13-30), ISBN: 978-1-28544851-0.
13. Reformation and Religious Warfare in the Sixteenth Century.
14. Europe and The World: New Encounters, 1500–1800.
15. State Building and the Search for Order in the Seventeenth Century.
16. Toward a New Heaven and a New Earth: The Scientific Revolution and the Emergence of Modern Science.
17. The Eighteenth Century: An Age of Enlightenment.
18. The Eighteenth Century: European States, International Wars, and Social Change.
19. A Revolution in Politics: The Era of The French Revolution and Napoleon.
20. The Industrial Revolution and Its Impact on European Society.
21. Reaction, Revolution, and Romanticism, 1815–1850.
22. An Age of Nationalism and Realism, 1850–1871.
23. Mass Society in an “Age of Progress,” 1871–1894.
24. An Age of Modernity, Anxiety, and Imperialism, 1894–1914.
25. The Beginning of the Twentieth-Century Crisis: War and Revolution.
26. The Futile Search for Stability: Europe Between the Wars, 1919–1939.
27. The Deepening of the European Crisis: World War II.
28. Cold War and a New Western World, 1945–1965.
29. Protest and Stagnation: The Western World, 1965–1985.
30. After The Fall: The Western World in a Global Age (Since 1985).