Data Divination: Big Data Strategies, 1st Edition
- Pam Baker
- Bob Gourley
- ISBN-10: 1305115082
- ISBN-13: 9781305115088
- 380 Pages | Paperback
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
Our world is being transformed by big data. The growth of the Internet and the rapid expansion of mobile communications and related technologies have created a massive ¬ flow of data--both structured and unstructured. The availability and use of that data has enormous implications for businesses and for the wider society. Used effectively, big data can drive businesses in the direction of more accurate analyses of vital information, leading ultimately to greater operational efficiencies, cost reductions, reduced risk, speedier innovations, and increased and new revenue. In this book, you'll find detailed instruction in big data strategy development and implementation, supported by numerous real-world business cases in ten distinct industries. You will learn what big data is and how to wield it--from calculating ROI and making a business case to developing overall and project-specific strategies that actually work. Each chapter answers key questions and will give you the skills you need to make your big data projects succeed. Put big data to work for you and your company today, with DATA DIVINATION: BIG DATA STRATEGIES.
1. What is Big Data, Really?
2. How to Formulate a Winning Big Data Strategy.
3. How to Ask the "Right" Questions of Big Data.
4. How to Pick the "Right" Data Sources.
5. Why the Answer to Your Big Data Question Resembles a Rubik's Cube.
6. The Role of Real-Time Analytics in Rolling Your Strategy.
7. The Big Data Value Proposition and Monetization.
8. Rise of the Collaborative Economy and Ways to Profit from It.
9. The Privacy Conundrum.
10. Use Cases in the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
11. Use Cases in Governments.
12. Use Cases in Security.
13. Use Cases in Healthcare.
14. Use Cases in Small Businesses and Firms.
15. Use Cases in Transportation.
16. Use Cases in Energy.
17. Use Cases in Retail.
18. Use Cases in Banking and Financial Services.
19. Use Cases in Manufacturing.
20. Empowering the Workforce.
21. Executive Summary.