MindTap Psychology, 1 term (6 months) Printed Access Card, 13th Edition
- Dennis Coon
- John O. Mitterer
- ISBN-10: 1285776518
- ISBN-13: 9781285776514
- 1 Pages | Mixed Media
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
MindTap Psychology for Coon/Mitterer's Psychology: Modules for Active Learning, 13th Edition is the digital learning solution that helps instructors engage and transform today's students into critical thinkers. Through paths of dynamic assignments and applications that you can personalize, real-time course analytics, and an accessible reader, MindTap helps you turn cookie cutter into cutting edge, apathy into engagement, and memorizers into higher-level thinkers.
"I'm definitely more engaged because of MindTap."
— Student, University of Central Florida
1. How to Study Psychology.
2. Introducing Psychology: Psychology, Critical Thinking, and Science.
3. Introducing Psychology: Psychology Then and Now.
4. Introducing Psychology: The Psychology Experiment.
5. Introducing Psychology: Non-experimental Research Methods.
6. Psychology in Action: Thinking Critically About the Media.
7. Brain and Behavior: Neurons and the Nervous System.
8. Brain and Behavior: Brain Research.
9. Brain and Behavior: Hemispheres and Lobes of the Cortex.
10. Brain and Behavior: Sub-cortex and Endocrine System.
11. Psychology in Action: Handedness.
12. Human Development: Heredity and Environment.
13. Human Development: Emotional and Social Development in Childhood.
14. Human Development: Language and Cognitive Development in Childhood.
15. Human Development: Adolescence and Adulthood.
16. Psychology in Action: Well-Being and Happiness.
17. Sensation and Perception: Sensory Processes.
18. Sensation and Perception: Vision.
19. Sensation and Perception: The Other Senses.
20. Sensation and Perception: Perceptual Processes.
21. Sensation and Perception: Perception and Objectivity.
22. Psychology in Action: Extrasensory Perception.
23. Consciousness: States of Consciousness.
24. Consciousness: Sleep and Dreams.
25. Consciousness: Psychoactive Drugs.
26. Psychology in Action: Exploring and Using Dreams.
27. Conditioning and Learning: Types of Learning.
28. Conditioning and Learning: Classical Conditioning.
29. Conditioning and Learning: Operant Conditioning.
30. Conditioning and Learning: Reinforcement and Punishment.
31. Psychology in Action: Behavioral Self-Management.
32. Memory: Memory Systems.
33. Memory: Measuring Memory.
34. Memory: Forgetting.
35. Memory: Exceptional Memory and Improving Memory.
36. Psychology in Action: Mnemonics.
37. Cognition and Intelligence: Imagery, Concepts, and Language.
38. Cognition and Intelligence: Problem Solving.
39. Cognition and Intelligence: Creative Thinking and Intuition.
40. Cognition and Intelligence: Intelligence.
41. Psychology in Action: Enhancing Creativity.
42. Motivation and Emotion: Overview of Motives and Emotions.
43. Motivation and Emotion: Motivation in Detail.
44. Motivation and Emotion: Emotion in Detail.
45. Psychology in Action: Emotional Intelligence.
46. Human Sexuality: Sexual Development and Orientation.
47. Human Sexuality: Gender Development, Androgyny, and Gender Variance.
48. Human Sexuality: Sexual Behavior, Response, and Attitudes.
49. Psychology in Action: Sexual Problems.
50. Personality: Overview of Personality.
51. Personality: Trait Theories.
52. Personality: Psychoanalytic and Humanistic Theories.
53. Personality: Behavioral and Social Learning Theories.
54. Psychology in Action: Understanding Shyness.
55. Health, Stress, and Coping: Health Psychology.
56. Health, Stress, and Coping: Stress, Frustration, and Conflict.
57. Health, Stress, and Coping: Defenses, Helplessness, and Depression.
58. Health, Stress, and Coping: Stress and Health.
59. Psychology in Action: Stress Management.
60. Psychological Disorders: Normality and Psychopathology.
61. Psychological Disorders: Psychosis, Delusional Disorders, and Schizophrenia.
62. Psychological Disorders: Mood Disorders.
63. Psychological Disorders: Anxiety-Based Disorders and Personality Disorders.
64. Psychology in Action: Suicide.
65. Therapies: Treating Psychological Distress.
66. Therapies: Humanistic and Cognitive Therapies.
67. Therapies: Behavior Therapies.
68. Therapies: Medical Therapies.
69. Psychology in Action: Self-Management and Seeking Professional Help.
70. Social Psychology: Social Behavior and Cognition.
71. Social Psychology: Social Influence.
72. Social Psychology: Pro-social Behavior.
73. Social Psychology: Antisocial Behavior.
74. Psychology in Action: Multiculturalism.
75. Applied Psychology: Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
76. Applied Psychology: Environmental Psychology.
77. Applied Psychology: The Psychology of Education, Law, and Sports.
78. Psychology in Action: Human Factors Psychology.
79. Behavioral Statistics.
80. Life After School.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
MindTap Psychology for Coon/Mitterer's Psychology: Modules for Active Learning, 13E is a personalized, fully online digital learning platform of authoritative Cengage Learning content, assignments, and services that engages your students with interactivity while also offering you choice in the configuration of coursework and enhancement of the curriculum via complimentary web-apps known as MindApps. MindApps range from ReadSpeaker (which reads the text out-loud to students), to Kaltura (allowing you to insert inline video and audio into your curriculum) to ConnectYard (allowing you to create digital “yards” through social media –all without “friending” your students). MindTap Psychology for Coon/Mitterer's Psychology: Modules for Active Learning, 13E is well beyond an eBook, a homework solution or digital supplement, a resource center website, a course delivery platform or a Learning Management System. It is the first in a new category—the Personal Learning Experience.
MindTap Psychology for Coon/Mitterer's Psychology: Modules for Active Learning, 13th Edition provides you with the tools you need to better manage your limited time -- you can complete assignments whenever and wherever you are ready to learn with course material specially customized for you by your instructor and streamlined in one proven, easy-to-use interface. With an array of tools and apps -- from note taking to flashcards -- you'll get a true understanding of course concepts, helping you to achieve better grades and setting the groundwork for your future courses.