The Psychology Major's Handbook, 4th Edition
- Tara L. Kuther
- ISBN-10: 130511843X
- ISBN-13: 9781305118430
- 304 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2012, 2006, 2003
- COPYRIGHT: 2016 Published
This handbook, by Tara L. Kuther, offers undergraduate students the information they need to make informed decisions about whether to pursue psychology as a major and career, as well as guidance to help them succeed as psychology majors. The first chapter introduces students to the scope of psychology and the subspecialties within the field. The second chapter helps students assess their skills, abilities, and interests in order to choose a major. Subsequent chapters help students succeed in college by offering study tips as well as guidance on how to write literature reviews and empirical papers, and by encouraging them to take an active role in their education. Career opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels are presented along with concrete advice for students who wish to apply for jobs after graduation and/or apply to graduate school.
"A brief, complete and very useful guide to successfully navigating the undergraduate psychology major and making decisions about further education and careers."
— Tamara Daily, University of Mount Union
1. What Is Psychology?
2. How to Choose a Major: Is Psychology for You?
3. Take an Active Role in Your Education.
4. Study Tips: Tools for Academic Success.
5. Writing a Literature Review.
6. Writing an Empirical Paper.
7. What Can I Do with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology?
8. Finding a Job with Your Bachelor's Degree.
9. What Can I Do with a Graduate Degree in Psychology?
10. Applying to Graduate School in Psychology.