State and Local Government, 10th Edition
- Ann O'M. Bowman
- Richard C. Kearney
- ISBN-10: 130538847X
- ISBN-13: 9781305388475
- 560 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2014, 2011, 2008
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
The 10th edition of STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT provides comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of institutions, political behavior, and policy-making at the state and local level. This bestselling text's theme of increased capacity and responsiveness of state and local government conveys excitement about politics at the grassroots level and is pro public service.
1. New Directions for State and Local Governments.
2. Federalism and the States: Sorting Out Roles and Responsibilities.
3. State Constitutions: The Fundamental Rules of State Government.
4. Citizen Participation and Elections.
5. Political Parties, Interest Groups, and Campaigns.
6. State Legislatures.
7. Governors: Power, Politics and Executive Leadership.
8. Public Administration: Budgeting and Service Delivery.
9. The Judiciary: Independence vs. Accountability.
10. The Structure of Local Government.
11. Local Leadership and Governance.
12. State & Local Relations.
13. Taxing and Spending.
14. Economic Development.
15. Education Policy: Reading, Writing and Reform.
16. Criminal Justice: Cops and Corrections.
17. Social Welfare and Health Care Policy: Addressing Poverty and Sickness.
18. Environmental Policy.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.Instructor's Edition (ISBN-10: 1305642791 | ISBN-13: 9781305642799)