Today's Technician: Automotive Electricity and Electronics, Classroom and Shop Manual Pack, 6th Edition
- Barry Hollembeak
- ISBN-10: 1285425715
- ISBN-13: 9781285425719
- Previous Editions: 2011, 2007, 2003
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
Ideal for aspiring and active automotive professionals, TODAY'S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICITY & ELECTRONICS, Sixth Edition, equips readers to confidently understand, diagnose, and repair electrical and electronic systems in today's automobiles. Using a unique two-volume approach to optimize learning in both the classroom and the auto shop, the first volume (Classroom Manual) details the theory and application of electricity, electronics, and circuitry in modern automobiles, while the second (Shop Manual) covers real-world symptoms, diagnostics, and repair information. Known for its comprehensive coverage, accurate and up-to-date technical information, and hundreds of detailed illustrations and vibrant photographs, the text is an ideal resource to prepare for success as an automotive technician or pursue ASE certification. Now updated with extensive information on new and emerging technology and techniques—including audio and infotainment systems, LED and adaptive lighting, hybrid and electric vehicles, and accessory systems—the Sixth Edition also aligns with the NATEF 2012 accreditation model, including job sheets correlated to specific AST and MAST tasks.
1. Introduction to Automotive Electrical and Electronic Systems.
2. Basic Theories.
3. Electrical and Electronic Components.
4. Wiring and Circuit Diagrams.
5. Automotive Batteries.
6. Starting Systems and Motor Designs.
7. Charging Systems.
8. Lighting Circuits.
9. Introduction to The Body Computer.
10. Computer Inputs.
11. Vehicle Communication Networks.
12. Advanced Lighting Circuits.
13. Instrumentation and Warning Lamps.
15. Radio Frequency and Infotainment Systems.
16. Passive Restraint Systems.
17. Vehicles with Alternative Power Sources.
Glossary of Terms.
2. Special Tools and Procedures.
3. Basic Electrical Troubleshooting and Service.
4. Wiring Repair and Reading Circuit Diagrams.
5. Battery Diagnosis and Service.
6. Starting System Diagnosis and Service.
7. Charging System Testing and Service.
8. Lighting Circuits Repair and Diagnosis.
9. Body Computer System Diagnosis.
10. Sensor Diagnostic Routines.
11. Vehicle Multiplexing Diagnostics.
12. Advanced Lighting Systems Diagnosis and Service.
13. Instrumentation and Warning Lamp System Diagnosis and Repair.
14. Electrical Accessories Diagnosis and Repair.
15. Servicing Radio Frequency and Infotainment Systems.
16. Servicing Passive Restraint Systems.
17. Hybrid and High-Voltage System Service.
Appendix A: ASE Practice Examination.
Appendix B: Metric Conversions.
Appendix C: Electrical and Electronic Special Tool Suppliers.
Glossary of Terms.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
The Instructor Resources commonly includes PowerPoint® presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1285980883 | ISBN-13: 9781285980881)
Cengage is committed to boosting employability, so students can land their first job in the transportation industry soon after graduation. One of the best ways to enhance student employability is through ASE certification! The ASE Certification Voucher provides students with access to the ASE Professional Level Certification Tests at a discounted price. The ASE Certification Voucher provide access to all ASE Certification tests except L1, L2, and L3 (advanced tests). Each voucher code includes one registration and one test fee.MindTap Automotive, 4 terms (24 months) Instant Access for Hollembeak's Today's Technician: Automotive Electricity and Electronics (ISBN-10: 1305274849 | ISBN-13: 9781305274846)
MindTap Automotive for Hollembeak's Today's Technician: Automotive Electricity and Electronics, 6th Edition provides you with the tools you need to better manage your limited time -- you can complete assignments whenever and wherever you are ready to learn with course material specially customized for you by your instructor and streamlined in one proven, easy-to-use interface. MindTap Automotive includes classroom manual and shop manual readings, enriched with videos, animations, assessments, and learning activities. The shop manual's NATEF-based job sheets are included as editable PDFs that you can complete online and submit to your teachers from within the MindTap environment. MindTap also offers you two different engaging simulations, our all-new Automotive Theory Simulations and Delmar Automotive Training Online (DATO)! Our innovative Automotive Theory Simulations focus on applying fundamental concepts and theories to a virtual automotive bay. These simulations allow you to master common concepts and tasks, and practice with tools that you will use in the automotive industry. DATO gives you the ability to practice and build your diagnostic, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills. The combination of these hands-on simulations will better prepare you to succeed upon graduation and become career-ready!LMS Integrated for MindTap Automotive, 4 terms (24 months) Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305270452 | ISBN-13: 9781305270459)
This access code will provide you with seamless access to your MindTap Automotive resources from within your campus Learning Management System. You will be prompted to enter this access code the first time that you click on a link in your course that includes Cengage content.