Construction Materials, Methods and Techniques, 3rd Edition
- William P. Spence
- Eva Kultermann
- ISBN-10: 1435481089
- ISBN-13: 9781435481084
- 1120 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2007, 1998
- COPYRIGHT: 2011 Published
Explore the most up-to-date green methods for residential and commercial building construction, along with the construction materials and properties needed to carry them out with this newly revised book. CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, METHODS AND TECHNIQUES: BUILDING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE, 3E offers comprehensive coverage of these topics and presents them using a logical, well-structured format that follows the natural sequence of a construction project. With an emphasis in providing the most current information available, including sustainability and green design, this third edition is fully equipped with content that reflects the 2004 Edition of Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) MasterFormat and information that is based on the input of hundreds of today's top manufacturers and professional and trade organizations. In addition, relevant building codes are frequently referenced, rounding out this need-to-know coverage that is critical to success in the industry.
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. The Construction Industry: An Overview.
2. Regulatory Constraints, Standards and Sustainability.
Part II: SITE CONSTRUCTION AND EARTHWORK.
3. Properties of Materials.
4. The Building Site.
Part III: CONCRETE AND MASONRY.
8. Cast-In-Place Concrete.
9. Precast Concrete.
10. Mortars for Masonry Walls.
11. Clay Brick and Tile.
12. Concrete Masonry.
14. Masonry Construction.
Part IV: METALS, WOOD AND PLASTICS.
15. Ferrous Metals.
16. Nonferrous Metals.
17. Steel Frame Construction.
18. Wood, Plastics, and Composites.
19. Products Manufactured from Wood.
20. Wood and Metal Light Frame Construction.
21. Heavy Timber Construction.
22. Finishing the Exterior and Interior of Light Wood Frame Buildings.
23. Paper and Paper Pulp Products.
Part V: THERMAL AND MOISTURE/OPENINGS/FINISHES.
25. Thermal Insulation and Vapor Barriers.
26. Bonding Agents, Sealers, and Sealants.
27. Bituminous Materials.
28. Roofing Systems.
30. Doors, Windows, Entrances, and Storefronts.
31. Cladding Systems.
32. Interior Finishes.
33. Painting and Coatings.
34. Gypsum, Lime, and Plaster.
35. Acoustical Materials.
36. Interior Walls, Partitions, and Ceilings.
40. Residential and Commercial Equipment.
42. Special Construction.
43. Conveying Systems.
44. Fire-Suppression Systems.
45. Plumbing Systems.
46. Heating, Air-Conditioning, Ventilation, And Refrigeration.
47. Electrical Equipment And Systems.
48. Electronic Safety and Security.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Attention CourseMate user: Cengage support for existing users of CourseMate will end of 8/1/2020.Instructor Resources T/A (ISBN-10: 1435481097 | ISBN-13: 9781435481091)
The invaluable instructor CD-ROM is intended to assist you, as the instructor, in classroom preparation and management Included within this electronic resource are tools that help to reinforce the important techniques introduced in the book, as well as provide the necessary materials for evaluation of student comprehension of critical concepts. Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint Presentations, a Testbank and Image library are all included on the CD-ROM.
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Access an integrated eBook, learning tools including flashcards, quizzes, and more, all designed specifically to work with CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, METHODS AND TECHNIQUES: BUILDING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE, 3rd Edition.