Behavior Modification: Principles and Procedures, 5th Edition
- Raymond G. Miltenberger
- ISBN-10: 1111306117
- ISBN-13: 9781111306113
- 672 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2008, 2004, 2001
- COPYRIGHT: 2012 Published
This text uses the principles of behavior modification to teach the procedures of behavior modification, illustrating them with key case studies and examples. Its precise, step-by-step approach includes practical information on the technologies used to measure and record behavior changes. The book also provides numerous opportunities for students to practice, including practice tests, application and misapplication exercises, and three quizzes at the end of every chapter.
Part I: MEASUREMENT OF BEHAVIOR AND BEHAVIOR CHANGE.
1. Introduction to Behavior Modification.
2. Observing and Recording Behavior.
3. Graphing Behavior and Measuring Change.
Part II: BASIC PRINCIPLES.
7. Stimulus Control: Discrimination and Generalization.
8. Respondent Conditioning.
Part III: PROCEDURES TO ESTABLISH NEW BEHAVIOR.
10. Prompting and Transfer of Stimulus Control.
12. Behavioral Skills Training Procedures.
Part IV: PROCEDURES TO INCREASE DESIRABLE BEHAVIOR AND DECREASE UNDESIRABLE BEHAVIOR.
13. Understanding Problem Behaviors through Functional Assessment.
14. Applying Extinction.
15. Differential Reinforcement.
16. Antecedent Control Procedures.
17. Using Punishment: Time-Out and Response Cost.
18. Positive Punishment Procedures and the Ethics of Punishment.
19. Promoting Generalization.
Part V: OTHER BEHAVIOR CHANGE PROCEDURES.
21. Habit Reversal Procedures.
22. The Token Economy.
23. Behavioral Contracts.
24. Fear and Anxiety Reduction Procedures.
25. Cognitive Behavior Modification.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Streamline and maximize the effectiveness of your course preparation.ExamView® (ISBN-10: 111135491X | ISBN-13: 9781111354916)
ExamView® testing software allows instructors to quickly create, deliver, and customize tests for class in print and online formats, and features automatic grading.PowerPoint® on eBank (ISBN-10: 1111670684 | ISBN-13: 9781111670689)
These Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides make it easy for you to incorporate images from the book into your lectures.