Modern Diesel Technology: Preventive Maintenance and Inspection, 1st Edition
- John Dixon
- ISBN-10: 1418053910
- ISBN-13: 9781418053918
- 400 Pages | Paperback
- COPYRIGHT: 2010 Published
Designed for technicians new to the field of preventive maintenance for trucks and trailers, this valuable resource offers readers a clear, solid understanding of the otherwise complex equipment involved in truck servicing. MDT: Preventive Maintenance and Inspection provides the knowledge needed to identify potential problems during regular service, before they turn into major repair issues or a roadside breakdown. The book breaks down need-to-know content areas into chapters that make sense: from general shop safety and hand tools to truck/trailer reefer service and coupling systems and everything in between. Each chapter includes procedures for inspecting and maintaining that specific area. Using a generic preventive maintenance checklist as a guideline throughout, this go-to guide has everything the beginning technician needs to perform effective servicing.
1. General Shop Safety.
2. Hand tools.
4. PM Service.
5. Cooling System Service and Inspection:
6. Drive Train Service.
7. Transmission Service and Inspection Automatic and Standard.
8. Tire Wheel and Rim Service and Inspection.
9. Braking Systems Service and Inspection.
10. Chassis / Cab Service and Inspection.
11. Steering System and Suspension Service and Inspection.
12. Electrical Systems and Auxiliary Components.
13. Coupling Systems.
14. Truck/Trailer Reefer service and Inspection.
15. Trailer Service and Inspection.
16. Tank Trailer Service and Inspection.
17. Tractor PMI Class 7 and 8 Diesel Powered with Air Brakes.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.