Current Psychotherapies, 9th Edition
- Raymond J. Corsini
- Danny Wedding
- ISBN-10: 0495903361
- ISBN-13: 9780495903369
- 640 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2008, 2005, 2000
- COPYRIGHT: 2011 Published
Relevant and accessible, CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES helps students learn, compare, and apply the major systems of psychotherapy in a way that is meaningful to both their classroom experience and to their own practices. CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES is used in top counseling, psychology, and social work programs, and features an outstanding group of contributors, each of whom is either an originator or a leading proponent of one of the systems. Each contributor presents the basic principles of the system, including how it compares with other systems, in a clear and straightforward manner. Each theory chapter includes a case example that guides students through the problem, evaluation, treatment, and follow-up process. CASE STUDIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY, which accompanies CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES, offers corresponding cases that demonstrate the basic techniques and methods of the theory being illustrated. This edition includes classic case studies by Harold Mosak, Carl Rogers, Albert Ellis, Arnold Lazarus, and Peggy Papp.
1. INTRODUCTION / Frank Dumont and Raymond J. Corsini.
2. PSYCHOANALYSIS / Ellen B. Luborsky, Maureen O'Reilly-Landry, and Jacob A. Arlow.
3. ADLERIAN PSYCHOTHERAPY/ Harold H. Mosak and Michael P. Maniacci.
4. ANALYTICAL PSYCHOTHERAPY/ Claire Douglas.
5. PERSON-CENTERED THERAPY/ Nathaniel J. Raskin, Carl Rogers and Marjorie Witty.
6. RATIONAL EMOTIVE BEHAVIOR THERAPY/Albert Ellis.
7. BEHAVIOR THERAPY/ G. Terence Wilson.
8. COGNITIVE THERAPY/Aaron T. Beck and Marjorie Weishaar.
9. EXISTENTIAL PSYCHOTHERAPY/Irvin Yalom and Ruthellen Josselson
10. GESTALT THERAPY/ Gary Yontef and Lynne Jacobs.
11. INTERPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY/ Myrna Weissman and Helena Verdeli.
12. FAMILY THERAPY/ Irene Goldenberg and Herbert Goldenberg.
13. CONTEMPLATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPIES /Roger Walsh.
14. INTEGRATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPIES/John Norcross and Larry Beutler.
15. MULTICULTURAL PSYCHOTHERAPIES/Lillian Comas-Diaz.
16. CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGES AND CONTROVERSIES/ Ken Pope and Danny Wedding.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Lecture slides to use in class are available to faculty who have adopted this text for their courses. Contact your local Cengage Learning Sales Representative, visit us on our website at www.cengage.com/highered, or call Customer Support at 1 800.354.9706 to request access.Web Site (Instructor's Manual, Test Bank, PowerPoint®, Web Quiz) (ISBN-10: 0538492767 | ISBN-13: 9780538492768)
When you adopt CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES, you and your students will have access to a rich array of teaching and learning resources that you won’t find anywhere else. For students this outstanding site features self-scoring quizzes to help students prepare for exams and PowerPoints to help you with your lectures. The site also contains additional material on Asian Psychotherapies, Reality Therapy, Existentialism (by May & Yalom), Experiential Psychotherapy, and Psychodrama.Online Instructor's Manual (ISBN-10: 0538492996 | ISBN-13: 9780538492997)
For your convenience, the comprehensive Instructor’s Manual and Text Bank are accessible online.Case Studies in Psychotherapy (ISBN-10: 0840032579 | ISBN-13: 9780840032577)
CASE STUDIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY effectively combines powerful classic and contemporary cases to bring to life important concepts and practices in psychotherapy for students. Compelling new cases that illustrate Existential Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, and Therapy in a Multicultural context have been added to the previous edition's collection of classic case studies by Albert Ellis, Aaron Beck, and Peggy Papp. The Sixth Edition of this popular casebook maintains its parallel structure with the Ninth Edition of Wedding and Corsini's CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES. Cases are chosen on the basis of intrinsic interest, clarity of presentation, and the extent to which each case demonstrates the basic techniques and methods of the theory being illustrated.
Using compelling contemporary and classic cases, CASE STUDIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY brings to life essential concepts and practices in psychotherapy. The Sixth Edition of this popular casebook features intriguing new cases added to illustrate Existential Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, and Therapy in a Multicultural context. By maintaining a parallel structure with Wedding and Corsini's CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES, the combination of these two books provides you with the most comprehensive look at psychotherapy today. All these insightful cases are chosen for intrinsic interest, clarity of presentation, and the ability to most effectively demonstrate the basic techniques and methods of the theory being illustrated.