Cengage Advantage Books: Western Civilization, Volume I: To 1715, 9th Edition
- Jackson Spielvogel
- ISBN-10: 1285448464
- ISBN-13: 9781285448466
- 640 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2012, 2011
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
Developed to meet the demand for a low-cost, high-quality history book, this text is an economically priced version of WESTERN CIVILIZATION, Ninth Edition. The Advantage Edition offers readers the complete narrative while limiting the number of maps, photos, and boxed features. Best-selling author Jackson Spielvogel has helped over one million students learn about the present by exploring the past. Spielvogel's engaging, chronological narrative weaves the political, economic, social, religious, intellectual, cultural, and military aspects of history into a gripping story that is as memorable as it is instructive. CENGAGE ADVANTAGE BOOKS: WESTERN CIVILIZATION includes 99 maps and excerpts of over 70 primary sources that enliven the past while introducing students to the source material of historical scholarship. Available in the following split options: CENGAGE ADVANTAGE BOOKS: WESTERN CIVILIZATION, Ninth Edition (Chapters 1-30), ISBN: 978-1-285-44841-1; Volume I: To 1715 (Chapters 1-16), ISBN: 978-1-285-44846-6; Volume II: Since 1500 (Chapters 13-30), ISBN: 978-1-28544851-0.
1. The Ancient Near East: The First Civilizations.
2. The Ancient Near East: Peoples and Empires.
3. The Civilization of the Greeks.
4. The Hellenistic World.
5. The Roman Republic.
6. The Roman Empire.
7. Late Antiquity and the Emergence of the Medieval World.
8. European Civilization in the Early Middle Ages, 750–1000.
9. The Recovery and Growth of European Society in the High Middle Ages.
10. The Rise of Kingdoms and the Growth of Church Power.
11. The Later Middle Ages: Crisis and Disintegration in the Fourteenth Century.
12. Recovery and Rebirth: The Age of the Renaissance.
13. Reformation and Religious Warfare in the Sixteenth Century.
14. Europe and The World: New Encounters, 1500–1800.
15. State Building and the Search for Order in the Seventeenth Century.
16. Toward a New Heaven and a New Earth: The Scientific Revolution and the Emergence of Modern Science.