Personal Finance, 13th Edition
- E. Thomas Garman
- Raymond E. Forgue
- ISBN-10: 1337099759
- ISBN-13: 9781337099752
- 624 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2015, 2012, 2008
- COPYRIGHT: 2018 Published
PERSONAL FINANCE 13E offers a practical, student-friendly introduction to personal financial management. This book offers normative, value-laden suggestions on getting ahead in one’s personal finances. It requires the reader to reflect on the facts and opinions presented, the advice they are given, the available choices in their communities and on the Internet, and finally to apply their personal values in their decision-making. In short, Personal Finance gets students to contemplate, deliberate, and think! Using a structured, step-by-step approach, this market-leading text helps students learn how to save and invest, manage student loans, file taxes, decrease credit card debt, and plan for the future. Real-life scenarios, covering a wide range of financial challenges, enable students to appreciate the relevance of key concepts, and useful advice from personal finance experts helps them apply those concepts in their own lives. Many math-based examples clearly illustrate the critical importance of achieving long-term financial goals through investing. Building on the success of previous editions, the Thirteen Edition engages students and focuses their attention on critical concepts they need to succeed in class and to manage their finances wisely for a lifetime.
Part I: FINANCIAL PLANNING.
1. Understanding Personal Finance.
2. Career Planning.
3. Financial Statements, Tools, and Budgets.
Part II: MONEY MANAGEMENT.
4. Managing Income Taxes.
5. Managing Checking and Savings Accounts.
6. Building and Maintaining Good Credit.
7. Credit Cards and Consumer Loans.
8. Vehicles and Other Major Purchases.
9. Obtaining Affordable Housing.
Part III: INCOME AND ASSET PROTECTION.
10. Managing Property and Liability Risk.
11. Planning for Health Care Expenses.
12. Life Insurance Planning.
Part IV: INVESTMENTS.
13. Investment Fundamentals.
14. Investing in Stocks and Bonds.
15. Mutual and Exchange-Traded Funds.
16. Real Estate and High-Risk Investments.
17. Retirement and Estate Planning.