Essentials of Human Development: A Life-Span View, 2nd Edition
- Robert V. Kail
- John C. Cavanaugh
- ISBN-10: 1305504585
- ISBN-13: 9781305504585
- 576 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2014
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
ESSENTIALS OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: A LIFE-SPAN VIEW, 2nd Edition fills the need for a shorter text that emphasizes the essential, defining features of modern research and theory in human development. Using a chronological approach modified to provide topical treatment to key topics and emphasizing the biopsychosocial framework, the text provides: a readable account of human development across the life span; conceptual foundations that enable students to become critical interpreters of developmental information; and an introduction to relevant research and its application to key issues. The text also emphasizes the application of human development research across diverse professional settings, making it ideal for students who are pursuing a career related to psychology or areas such as education, health, and human sciences. Succinct and filled with real-life examples, this text will capture your students' interest while introducing them to the essential issues, forces, and outcomes that make us who we are.
1. The Study of Human Development.
Part I: PRENATAL DEVELOPMENT, INFANCY, AND EARLY CHILDHOOD.
2. Biological Foundations: Heredity, Prenatal Development, and Birth.
3. Tools for Exploring the World: Physical, Perceptual, and Motor Development in Infancy and Early Childhood.
4. The Emergence of Thought and Language: Cognitive Development in Infancy and Early Childhood.
5. Entering the Social World: Socioemotional Development in Infancy and Early Childhood.
Part II: SCHOOL-AGE CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS.
6. Off to School: Cognitive and Physical Development in Middle Childhood.
7. Expanding Social Horizons: Socioemotional Development in Middle Childhood.
8. Rites of Passage: Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence.
9. Moving into the Adult Social World: Socioemotional Development in Adolescence.
Part III: YOUNG AND MIDDLE ADULTHOOD.
10. Becoming an Adult: Physical, Cognitive, and Personality Development in Young Adulthood.
11. Being With Others: Forming Relationships in Young and Middle Adulthood.
12. Work: Occupational and Lifestyle Issues in Young and Middle Adulthood.
13. Making It in Midlife: The Unique Challenges of Middle Adulthood.
Part IV: LATE ADULTHOOD.
14. The Personal Context of Later Life: Physical, Cognitive, and Mental Health Issues.
15. Social Aspects of Later Life: Psychosocial, Retirement, Relationship, and Societal Issues.
16. The Final Passage: Dying and Bereavement.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Streamline and maximize the effectiveness of your course preparation using such resources as brief chapter outlines, chapter summaries, extensively detailed chapter lecture outlines, lecture suggestions, video suggestions, and creative lecture and teaching suggestions. This manual also contains student learning objectives, key terms, essay/discussion questions, student activities, discussion exercises, and Internet exercises.Online PowerPoints (ISBN-10: 130587112X | ISBN-13: 9781305871120)
These vibrant Microsoft® PowerPoint® lecture slides for each chapter assist you with your lecture by providing concept coverage using images, figures, and tables directly from the textbook.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305677145 | ISBN-13: 9781305677142)
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® (ISBN-10: 1305677153 | ISBN-13: 9781305677159)
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.MindTap Psychology, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Kail/Cavanaugh Essentials of Human Development (ISBN-10: 1305858654 | ISBN-13: 9781305858657)
MindTap Psychology Instant Access for Kail/Cavanaugh Essentials of Human Development, 2nd Edition is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap gives you complete ownership of your content and learning experience. Customize the interactive syllabi, emphasize the most important topics, and add your own material or notes in the eBook.Instructor's Edition (ISBN-10: 1305857674 | ISBN-13: 9781305857674)
Instructor Sample/Review copy of Kail/Cavanaugh's Essentials of Human Development: A Life-Span View, 2nd Edition.
MindTap Psychology for Kail/Cavanaugh Essentials of Human Development, 2nd Edition helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App to learn on your terms. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU CREATE YOUR OWN POTENTIAL. GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. Track your scores and stay motivated toward goals. Whether you have more work to do or are ahead of the curve, you’ll know where to focus efforts. And the MindTap Green Dot will charge your confidence along the way. MINDTAP HELPS YOU OWN YOUR PROGRESS. MAKE YOUR TEXTBOOK YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, everything you’ve flagged or noted can be gathered into a guide you organize.