Community Nutrition in Action: An Entrepreneurial Approach, 6th Edition
- Marie A. Boyle
- David H. Holben
- ISBN-10: 1111989680
- ISBN-13: 9781111989682
- 792 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2010, 2006, 2003
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
COMMUNITY NUTRITION IN ACTION, SIXTH EDITION introduces the program planning, policies, resources, and nutrition issues specific to community nutrition and provides an understanding of creating and implementing nutrition programs from various constituencies (elderly populations, children, impoverished populations, college students, etc.). Successful practitioners in community nutrition have proven to have a mind and skill set that opens them up to new ideas and ventures. Incorporating an entrepreneurial approach, this book helps readers learn how to take risks, try new technologies, and use fresh approaches to improving the public's nutrition and health status. The book also delivers the core material important to those who will be active in solving community nutritional and health problems, including program delivery, nutrition education, nutrition assessment, and planning nutrition interventions.
SECTION I: COMMUNITY NUTRITIONISTS IN ACTION: WORKING IN THE COMMUNITY.
1. Opportunities in Community Nutrition.
2. Assessing Community Resources.
3. Assessing the Target Population's Nutritional Status.
4. Program Planning for Success.
5. Principles of Epidemiology.
6. The Art and Science of Policy Making.
7. A National Nutrition Agenda for the Public's Health.
8. Addressing the Obesity Epidemic: An Issue for Public Health Policy.
9. Health Care Systems and Policy.
SECTION II: COMMUNITY NUTRITIONISTS IN ACTION: DELIVERING PROGRAMS.
10. Food Insecurity and the Food Assistance Programs.
11. Mothers and Infants: Nutrition Assessment, Services, and Programs.
12. Children and Adolescents: Nutrition Issues, Services, and Programs.
13. Healthy Aging: Nutrition Assessment, Services, and Programs.
14. World Hunger and Food Insecurity: Challenges and Opportunities.
SECTION III: COMMUNITY NUTRITIONISTS IN ACTION: PLANNING NUTRITION INTERVENTIONS.
15. Understanding and Achieving Behavior Change.
16. Gaining Cultural Competence in Community Nutrition.
17. Principles of Nutrition Education.
18. Marketing Nutrition and Health Promotion.
19. Managing Community Nutrition Programs.
20. Building Grantsmanship Skills.
Appendix A: Nutrition Assessment and Screening.
Appendix B: Complementary Nutrition and Health Therapies.
Appendix C: The SMOG Readability Formula.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Updated for the 6th edition of the text, the test bank includes case study-based short answer, multiple-choice, and essay items. Sample answers/grading suggestions for the essay questions along with answer keys for all other items are included.Online Instructor's Manual (ISBN-10: 1133046428 | ISBN-13: 9781133046424)
The instructor's manual provides detailed outlines and suggestions for assignments and activities, including in-class discussion questions and tips on locating video resources.Workbook (ISBN-10: 1111990069 | ISBN-13: 9781111990060)
This workbook complements the text and provides students with the opportunity to apply text concepts through case study-based exercises.CourseMate Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1111945926 | ISBN-13: 9781111945923)
Instructors can easily track students' participation and engagement in course materials through a unique engagement tracker. Students have access to an interactive eBook, pop-up tutors, nutrition tutorials, videos, and much more!
This workbook complements the text and provides opportunities to apply text concepts through case study-based exercises.CourseMate Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1111945926 | ISBN-13: 9781111945923)
Cengage Learning's Nutrition CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support COMMUNITY NUTRITION IN ACTION: AN ENTREPRENEURIAL APPROACH. You have access to an interactive eBook, pop-up tutors, nutrition tutorials, videos, and much more!