Family Business, 4th Edition
- Ernesto J. Poza
- ISBN-10: 1285056825
- ISBN-13: 9781285056821
- 480 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2010, 2007, 2004
- COPYRIGHT: 2014 Published
FAMILY BUSINESS provides the next generation of family business owners with the knowledge and skills needed for the successful management and leadership of the family enterprise. The author, Ernesto Poza, uses both text and cases to explore a diverse set of family firms, examining the interrelationships between the owners, the family, and the management team. FAMILY BUSINESS, at its core, is a practical book that presents management and family practices to model success as well as an honest look at the advantages and challenges facing family enterprises. With an emphasis on leadership and positioning for the future, FAMILY BUSINESS illustrates how the family enterprise can achieve sustained growth and continuity through generations. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
About The Author.
Part I. THE FAMILY BUSINESS: WHAT MAKES IT UNIQUE?
1. The Nature, Importance, and Uniqueness of Family Business.
2. Great Families in Business: Building Trust and Commitment.
3. Ownership of An Enterprise Built To Last.
Case 1. The Binghams and the Louisville Courier-Journal Companies.
Case 2. SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS Power Play at the Inn.
Case 3. The Ferré Media Group.
Case 4. SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS "She'll Always Be My Little Sister".
Case 5. The Vega Food Company.
Part II. LEADERSHIP IMPERATIVES FOR THE FAMILY AND BUSINESS: SUCCESSION AND CONTINUITY.
4. Succession: Continuing Entrepreneurship and The Next Generation.
5. Succession and The Transfer of Power.
Case 6. Sigma Motion, Inc..
Case 7. SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS The Ambivalent CEO of The Construction Company.
Case 8. SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS Borrowing to Grow at Andrews Company.
Case 9. SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS Adams Funeral Home.
Case 10. Fasteners for Retail (Part A).
Case 11. Ferré Media Group (Part B).
Case 12. The Cousins Tournament.
Part III. BEST PRACTICES FOR THE MANAGEMENTAND GOVERNANCE OF THE FAMILY BUSINESS.
6. Creating the Strategy.
7. Planning the Estate.
8. Financial Considerations and Valuation of The Family Business.
9. Key Nonfamily Management: The Visible Commitment to Managing The Family Business Professionally.
10. Family Business Governance: Advisory Boards and Boards of Directors.
11. Family Communication: Family Meetings, Family Councils, and Family Offices.
12. Change, Adaptation and Innovation: The Future of Family Business.
13. Continuing The Spirit of Enterprise: Lessons From Centennial Family Companies.
Case 13. PrivateCo Business Valuation Report.
Case 14. Reliance Industries (Part A).
Case 15. SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS The Son-In-Law.
Case 16. SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS The New MBA.
Case 17. SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS Real Estate Development Partners, Inc..
Case 18. SMALL FAMILY BUSINESS Glassking Distributor Company.
Case 19. New Way Distributing.
Case 20. The Reliance Group (Part B).
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Prepared by book author Ernesto Poza, the instructor's manual has the dual objective of reducing preparation time and making your teaching more effective. It provides comprehensive and integrated teaching support, including notes for all cases. Available on the product support site only.PowerPoint® Slides (Web Only) (ISBN-10: 1285056841 | ISBN-13: 9781285056845)
PowerPoint presentation slides accompany every chapter, providing you with a complete set of basic notes for lectures and providing students with a helpful set of review materials. These slides, which highlight and synthesize key concepts for greater recall, are available on the product support site only.