Cengage Advantage Books: Sociology, 11th Edition
- Jon M. Shepard
- ISBN-10: 1111829578
- ISBN-13: 9781111829575
- 672 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2010, 2007, 2005
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
Well respected for its exceptional scholarship, readability, and accessibility, SOCIOLOGY is available at an affordable price. With a dynamic critical-thinking focus and a theoretically balanced presentation, this Advantage book is noteworthy for its use of SQ3R (Survey, Question, Read, Recite, Review), its built-in student study guide, and its solid research orientation to the basic principles of sociology. Fascinating examples of high-interest topics, such as cyber bullying and stratification and the social impact of Hurricane Katrina, as well as current information on race, aging, globalization, religion, and mental health issues, ensure that this latest version of Shepard's respected text is contemporary and relevant.
Part I: SOCIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES.
1. The Sociological Perspective.
2. Social Research.
Part II: THE FOUNDATIONS OF SOCIAL STRUCTURE.
5. Social Structure and Society.
6. Groups and Organizations.
7. Deviance and Social Control.
Part III: SOCIAL INEQUALITY.
8. Social Stratification.
9. Inequalities of Race and Ethnicity.
10. Inequalities of Gender.
Part IV: SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS.
13. Political and Economic Institutions.
15. Health Care and Aging.
Part V: SOCIAL CHANGE.
17. Population and Urbanization.
18. Social Change and Collective Behavior.