MIS5, 5th Edition
- includes CourseMate, 1 term (6 months) Printed Access Card
- Hossein Bidgoli
- ISBN-10: 1285836456
- ISBN-13: 9781285836454
- 336 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2014, 2013, 2012
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
Created by the continuous feedback of a “student-tested, faculty-approved” process, MIS5 delivers a visually appealing, succinct print component, tear-out review cards for students and instructors and a consistent online offering with CourseMate that includes an eBook in addition to a set of interactive digital tools all at a value-based price and proven to increase retention and outcomes. MIS5 employs state-of-the-art coverage through numerous practical applications and offers emerging cases from the information systems field. In addition, author Hossein Bidgoli provides a daily article link on current MIS topics via Facebook, Twitter (@4LTRPress_MIS) and LinkedIn (4LTR Press for MIS). Follow along!
Part I: FUNDAMENTALS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
1. Information Systems: An Overview.
2. Computers: The Machines Behind Computing.
3. Database Systems, Data Warehouses, and Data Marts.
4. Personal, Legal, Ethical, and Organizational Issues of Information Systems.
5. Protecting Information Resources.
Part II: DATA COMMUNICATION, THE INTERNET, E-COMMERCE, AND GLOBAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
6. Data Communication: Delivering Information Anywhere and Anytime.
7. The Internet, Intranets, and Extranets.
9. Global Information Systems.
Part III: IS DEVELOPMENT, ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS, MSS, AND EMERGING TRENDS.
10. Building Successful Information Systems.
11. Enterprise Systems.
12. Management Support Systems.
13. Intelligent Information Systems.
14. Emerging Trends, Technologies, and Applications.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning's MIS5 CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. MIS5 CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need! MIS5 CourseMate includes an interactive eBook and interactive teaching and learning tools including: Quizzes, Flashcards, Videos, and Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course.
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your textbook, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes—online with CourseMate.