An Advanced Lifespan Odyssey for Counseling Professionals, 1st Edition
- Bradley T. Erford
- Irvin B. Tucker
- ISBN-10: 128508358X
- ISBN-13: 9781285083582
- 576 Pages | Hardcover
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
AN ADVANCED LIFESPAN ODYSSEY FOR COUNSELING PROFESSIONALS, 1st Edition, aligns precisely with CACREP standards for counselor training programs at the Master’s level. Rigorous yet accessible to students with a variety of educational backgrounds, this practical new text provides comprehensive descriptions of more than 30 major developmental theories and perspectives -- with a focus on developmental issues encountered by counseling professionals and the strategies and techniques to deal with them. Cross-cultural variations and implications are discussed throughout the book, and each chapter presents case studies and current issues that further anchor the material in the real world. Reflections from parents and current practitioners enhance the emphasis on application, giving students ideas for how to integrate theories and other information into real-life practice. A comprehensive set of instructor and student supplements including instructor's manual, test bank, PowerPoints and MindTap accompany this text.
1. Important Fundamental Principles in Lifespan Development.
2. Theories of Human Development: Psychosocial, Sociocultural, Multicultural, Biological, and Learning Theories.
3. Theories of Human Development: Cognitions, Morality and Faith, and the Human Experience.
4. Genetics, Heredity, and Prenatal Development.
5. Physical and Cognitive Development in the Infancy and Toddlerhood Years.
6. Emotional and Social Development in the Infancy and Toddlerhood Years.
7. The Preschool Years of Early Childhood Physical and Cognitive Development.
8. The Preschool Years: Early Childhood Emotional and Social Development.
9. Middle Childhood: Physical and Cognitive Development.
10. The Elementary Years of Middle Childhood: Emotional and Social Development.
11. The Adolescent Years: Physical and Cognitive Development.
12. The Adolescent Years: Emotional, Identity, and Social Development.
13. Young Adulthood: Physical and Cognitive Development.
14. Young Adulthood: Social, Emotional, and Career Development.
15. Middle Adulthood: Physical and Cognitive Development.
16. Middle Adulthood: Social/Emotional, Family, Career, and Spiritual Development.
17. Later Adulthood and Old Age: Physical, Cognitive and Social Developmental Aspects of Aging.
18. Later Adulthood and Old Age: Psychosocial and Work/Retirement Development.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Organize your course and capture your students' attention with the resources found in the Test Bank, including multiple-choice, true/false, short-answer, and essay questions -- most with answers and page references for each chapter of the text.Online Instructor's Manual (ISBN-10: 1305858921 | ISBN-13: 9781305858923)
This detailed manual provides sample syllabi, course guidelines, in-class exercises, and chapter objectives to assist instructors in teaching the course.Online PowerPoint® (ISBN-10: 1305858948 | ISBN-13: 9781305858947)
Helping you make your lectures more engaging while effectively reaching your visually oriented students, these handy Microsoft PowerPoint® slides outline the chapters of the main text in a classroom-ready presentation.MindTap Counseling, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Erford's An Advanced Lifespan Odyssey for Counseling Professionals (ISBN-10: 1305858964 | ISBN-13: 9781305858961)
MindTap Counseling for Erford's An Advanced Lifespan Odyssey for Counseling Professionals is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap gives you complete ownership of content. Help students become practitioners of their own learning as they master skills and build professional confidence. A scaffolded learning experience moves students from lower- to higher-order thinking skills by reinforcing concepts through demonstrated application. Realistic videos illustrate skills and concepts with questions that ask students to evaluate. Easily design your course to match your own objectives and preferred teaching methods.
MindTap Counseling for Erford’s An Advanced Lifespan Odyssey for Counseling Professionals helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App to learn on your terms. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU CREATE YOUR OWN POTENTIAL. GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. Track your scores and stay motivated toward your goals. Whether you have more work to do or are ahead of the curve, you’ll know where to focus efforts. And the MindTap Green Dot will charge your confidence along the way. MINDTAP HELPS YOU OWN YOUR PROGRESS. MAKE YOUR TEXTBOOK YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, everything you’ve flagged can be gathered into a guide you organize.